- Logfiles are plain ASCII text files
- Logfiles are kept open during the shortest possible time, therefore usable after a host's programs crash as postmortem information.- Completely controllable through the documented API
- Simple use, in various programming environments, e. g.
- Visual C++
- Visual Basic
- Java (demoversion in preparation)
- Different operating modes for the Visual C++ programming environment:
- Overlapped Window (resizeable)
- Embedded in a host window
- Embedded in a dialog
- In non-Visual C++ environments, ActiveLog can be used in Overlapped Window mode.
- Configurable through a built-in configuration utility
- Printable with Print-Preview through the built-in printing feature
- The logfile can be deleted automatically after a selectable number of days
- Deletion may be combined with archiving (up to 999 files)
- Selective color highlighting with contrast preview for up to 10 log entry id ranges
- Selective display feature by filtering for date, time and log entry id ranges
- Text search facility
- Multiple instances possible, with individual configuration for each instance (through ini-files)
- Silent mode for unattended operation (no messageboxes)
- Detailed Online-Help in mode 'Overlapped Window '
- The log has been tested on the following platforms: Windows 98/ME, Windows 2000 (Professional and Server), Windows NT4 with ServicePack5
ActiveLog Logging/Tracing Control (2 - 4 Licences) keywords:
This program is no longer available for download from our website. Please contact the author of ActiveLog Logging/Tracing Control (2 - 4 Licences) at for any additional information.