Oracle Data Access Components Standard for Linux Free Download
||3 (version history)
||January 26, 2002
Free To Try $99
||Unix / Linux
Oracle Data Access Components Standard for Linux
Oracle Data Access Components Standard for Linux Free Download.
Oracle Data Access Components provides high performance direct access
to Oracle database server. ODAC is set of VCL native components for Kylix,
Delphi and C++ Builder. It supports many Oracle specific features
and simplifies developing of client/server applications. With Net option
ODAC works directly through TCP/IP and doesn't require Oracle's software
on client side.
Using ODAC gives you the following advantages:
- Doesn't require Oracle's software on client side with Net option;
- Supports Oracle 8 feathers: BLOB, CLOB and BFile data types, objects,
arrays, references, nested tables;
- Simplifies data updating;
- Offers two way of updating data: more flexible with TOraQuery and
more easy with TSmartQuery;
- Speeds up fetch record from database;
- Provides automatic locking and refreshing records;
- Allows to execute longtime stored procedure separated thread;
- Advanced design-time editors;
- Interface (methods, properties) of ODAC components is similar to
standard data access components (TDatabase, TQuery, ..);
- Supports all data-aware components.
Advantages of Net option:
ODAC Standard as the most of applications which work with Oracle uses
Oracle Call Interface to connect to Oracle database server. This is usual
way to develop Oracle application with a third-generation language. As all
OCI routines are in external libraries compiled application has small size.
But it requires Oracle client software installed on workstation that is
the cause of additional expenses for its installation and administration.
Sometimes installation of Oracle client can be not advisable or even
impossible. For example, if you need to set your application on remote
machine where you don't have respective specialist.
ODAC Net allows your application to work with Oracle directly through
TCP/IP protocol and doesn't require Oracle client software. To run your
application built with ODAC Net it is only needed to have operation
system and TCP/IP protocol support.
To connect to Oracle server with ODAC Net you need know the address
of computer where Oracle server is, listening port number and
database instance name.
Oracle Data Access Components Standard for Linux keywords: