In single-player mode the objective is to search a 4x4 matrix for as many words as possible within a given timeframe. Points are awarded for each word found depending on length with bonus for words starting with 'QU'.
A multi-player mode (planned for version 2.00) will allow for interactive online play and real-time text messaging... the objective is still to find as many words as possible, however your points for a word may be cancelled out if another player finds the same word (speed play variation for multiplayer 'locks' your word if you find first)!
Features in current v1.0 release:
* 640x480 screen resolution, 16-bit stereo sound
* Built-in list of 'valid words' (does not enforce that word be in list to be counted - but during multiplayer mode, you may be challenged by other players if your word is not valid). Based on ENABLE (Enhanced North American Benchmark LExicon) Version: 2.0 Version Date: 14-Apr-2000 and ABLE ('Alternate British LExicon') from the Supplement to ENABLE2K Version: 2.0 Version Date: 15-Apr-2000
This word list simply provides an easy tool to help quickly determine if a word is valid or not.
* 'Look-It-Up' feature for word definitions through Merriam-Webster's Collegiate(R) Dictionary web site.
* Game play options include variable time limit (2/3/4/5 minutes or unlimited), sound (on/off), colorize letter tiles (yes/no), validate words against dictionary (yes/no), include British words in dictionary (yes/no).
Note: Un-registered version allows for only 30 second games!
* Pause game feature during play and automatic pause on 'Look-It-Up'
The Word Matrix : Word Search Game for Windows keywords:
This program is no longer available for download from our website. Please contact the author of The Word Matrix : Word Search Game for Windows at for any additional information.