The main idea of FDS is the simulation of the realistic dynamic behaviour of an aircraft. Therefore FDS includes
· calculation of the aerodynamic forces for the aircraft parts (wing, fuselage, rudder, elevator, landing gears, etc.) with analytic equations and parameters from wind tunnel experiments,
· calculation of the propeller thrust with analytic equations,
· calculation of the jet engine thrust with solving the gas turbine process with/without bypass and with/without afterburner,
· calculation of the gear forces as a spring/damper system and of the wheel forces with analytic equations,
· configuration of the aircraft parameters in a user friendless GUI (Graphical User Interface)
The aircraft parameters are editable in a GUI-GraphicUserInterface, build with Tcl/TK (http://www.scriptics.com/resource/software ).
FDS can be used for
· learning flying as a pilot sitting in the aircraft or as a pilot fixed to ground with RC-RemoteControl of an aircraft model,
· creating aircrafts in different configurations and testing their characteristics in flight,
· flying an Air Race.
For more informations you should visit http://www.flight-dynamic-simulator.de
Flight Dynamic Simulator keywords:
This program is no longer available for download from our website. Please contact the author of Flight Dynamic Simulator at for any additional information.