Active Query Builder Free Edition History
Version history for Active Query Builder Free Edition shows you how often it was updated over the past months (starting Aug 08, 2005) as well as 'what is new' information for each update (if available, since this information provided by the author).
v 1.9 updated on May 25, 2008
The new Universal Syntax Provider is added to the Free version. It is based on the ANSI SQL/92 syntax but allows to determine most of popular database servers, successfully retrieve metadata and apply specific settings for them to let the user build correct queries for these servers.
v 1.8 updated on Nov 16, 2007
+ Improved usability of building GROUP BY/HAVING clauses. + Some speed optimizations were made. + Many bugs were fixed.
v 1.7.7 updated on Apr 25, 2007
- Added support for C++ Builder 5 IDE and BDS 2006 C++ Builder personality. - Ability to convert queries between dialects is implemented. - Spanish localization is added.
v 1.6 updated on Aug 21, 2006
Working in offline mode. Now Active Query Builder supports working in offline mode, loading metadata information from a previously saved XML file. Storing and loading metadata information from an XML file makes loading metadata almost instant.
v 1.5.5 updated on Jul 10, 2006
* Active SQL Parser has full Unicode support now. * New metadata provider for the NexusDB database is added (www.nexusdb.com). * Ability to retrieve information about objects and columns being used in the query is implemented. * The new IdentCaseSens property is added to control the behavior of the ANSI syntax providers. This property determines whether an identifier should be quoted or not. * Other minor bugfixes and improvements.
v 1.5 updated on May 30, 2006
* Ability to to work with metadata is implemented. * Ability to build queries with objects from different databases is implemented. * Pre-filtering of database objects is implemented to speed up metadata loading process. * We have created the Userâ€™s guide for end-users of Active Query Builder. * Most memory leaks have been eliminated. * Other minor bugfixes and improvements.
v 1.4 updated on Mar 06, 2006
- TacQueryBuilder: The new Clear method is added to empty currently builded SQL query at a time. - TacQueryBuilder.AddObjectFormOptions: New properties are added to hide tabs of the Add Object Window (TablesVisible, ViewsVisible, ProceduresVisible). - TacQueryBuilder: The new ColumnWidthExpression property is added to define initial width of columns in the Columns pane. - Other minor bugfixes and improvements.
v 1.3.5 updated on Jan 11, 2006
- Delphi 2006 is supported now. - Correct handling of case sensitive identifiers is implemented. - The interface of the OnGetFields event is changed. This change allows you to pass WideString field names as well as to store case sensitive field names. - TacQueryBuilder, TacSQLBuilderPlainText: The new QuoteAllIdentifiers property is added. Setting them to True you'll get all identifiers in the query quoted. - Minor interface improvements.
v 1.2 updated on Nov 28, 2005
v 1.0 updated on Oct 03, 2005
- Significant improvements in the parsing engine. Amount of memory used for parsing of large queries was decreased dramatically. - New metadata provider for Interbase Express added (TacQBIBExMetadataProvider). - New metadata provider for dbExpress added (TacQBdbExMetadataProvider).
v 0.9.9 updated on Sep 19, 2005
- New ability is added to work with stored procedures and functions in TacBaseSyntaxProvider. - TacQueryBuilder: New methods are added to retrieve lists of tables, views and procedures to support server specific rules of retrieval. For example, to retrieve a list of tables for MS SQL Server, 'exec sp_tables' is executed now. - New OnGetProcedureNames event is added to the TacEventMetadataProvider component. - Many improvements and bugfixes in the TacBaseSQLBuilder component - TacQueryBuilder: The new LinkPainterClass public property is added to change link painting style programmatically.
v 0.9.8 updated on Sep 05, 2005
- We have released detailed help system! - Query Tree Pane implemented. Now you can see the whole query structure at one sight! - TacBaseSQLBuilder has been upgraded dramatically: Many new options implemented to format SQL query text as you wish. - TacQueryBuilder. The new VisibleColumnsPane property added. It allows you to show/hide query builder columns pane. - We have implemented a new way of object names quotation. Now quotation is applied only when building SQL query text. - TacQueryBuilder. The new SyncSQL property added. It allows you to provide immediate update of internal query builder objects as well as SQL query text generated by attached SQL builder components. - TacOnSQLError. New parameters are added to locate erroneous token of SQL statement more precisely. - TacDatasourceObject. The ObjectName property has been renamed to DatabaseObject. - The acAbout unit has been renamed to acQBAbout to avoid conflicts with AppControls components. - A lot of minor improvements and bugfixes.
v 0.9.7 updated on Aug 22, 2005
- PostgreSQL dialect supported. - New Generic Event-driven Metadata Provider added. - Significant improvements in all SQL syntax providers. - TacSelectList: AddExpression and InsertExpression methods implemented to add any arbitrary expression to the select list. - TacQueryBuilder.AddObjectFormOptions: New properties added: Constraints, Height and Width. - Classes named Tast*MetadataProvider were removed, TacBaseMetadataProvider class was moved to acAST.pas module. - Fixed bug with unavailability of forms for editing tables and relationships for ANSI-92 SQL dialect. - In some cases while working with parenthetic unions, sending of notification messages was hanged. Fixed now. - A lot of minor improvements and bugfixes.
v 0.9.5 updated on Aug 08, 2005
- New metadata provider for Zeos Database Objects: TacQBZeosMetadataProvider - New metadata provider for Borland Database Engine: TacQBBDEMetadataProvider - TacQueryBuilder: Added complex property AddObjectFormOptions that allows you to setup Add Object Dialog Form easily. - TacBaseMetadataProvider: Method GetObjectNames replaced with two new methods: GetTableNames and GetViewNames. - Now all the database object names comparisons are performed in syntax providers.
Go back to the Active Query Builder Free Edition review