Actual Window Menu History
Version history for Actual Window Menu shows you how often it was updated over the past months (starting Jul 11, 2005) as well as 'what is new' information for each update (if available, since this information provided by the author).
v 8.9 updated on Sep 05, 2016
1) Added proper high DPI scaling for Log window, program dialogs. 2) Added ability to invoke advanced window menu dialogs via hotkeys. 3) Added ability to set arbitrary folder for configuration files. 4) Improved compatibility with Skype, MS Office, MS Management Console, Explorer, QuickBooks.
v 8.8 updated on Apr 25, 2016
1) Configuration: Back/Forward buttons added. 2) Configuration: Incremental Search box added. 3) Configuration: List of specific Window Settings removed from the navigation tree. 4) Configuration: Global Options subitems removed from the navigation tree and transformed into tabs.
v 8.7 updated on Feb 15, 2016
1) Support of Metro apps in Windows 10. 2) Numerous changes in the main Configuration window. 3) Fixed: Uninstaller showed queries even in silent mode.
v 8.5 updated on Sep 14, 2015
1) Windows 10 basic compatibility.
v 8.4 updated on Jun 05, 2015
1) Fixed rare crashes when unloading Actual Window Menu. 2) Fixed NuSphere PhpEd 15 debugger hanging at startup. 3) Improved compatibility with MAGIX products (Movie Edit, Music Maker).
v 8.3 updated on Apr 22, 2015
1) High DPI support improved. 2) Snap Assist feature added. 3) Last used path is saved in the Configuration Backup/Restore dialogs.
v 8.2.2 updated on Dec 02, 2014
1) Windows 8.1 Update 1 compatibility. 2) Windows 10 compatibility. 3) Quick Setup wizard. 4) Multi-window configuration. 5) Default window settings propagate to specific settings.
v 6.5 updated on Jun 01, 2011
1) Custom mouse click actions with adjustable parameters. 2) Hand tool for scrolling windows. 3) Compatible with fullscreen Adobe Flash Player. 4) Compatible with Mozilla Firefox 4. 5) Compatible with Media Monkey. 6) Aero Snap emulator restored.
v 6.4 updated on Mar 23, 2011
1) Custom hotkeys with adjustable parameters. 2) Back up/restore configuration. 3) Undo/Redo commands in Configuration window. 4) Customizable key combination to suspend window snapping. 5) Disable inactive windows' scrolling for specific windows.
v 6.3 updated on Dec 20, 2010
1) Scroll inactive windows. 2) Switch the mouse between monitors via hotkeys. 3) Classic and Aero Snap combined. 4) Toggle and colorize Aero Snap preview. 5) Move to Monitor preview dialog. 6) Rollup and Transparency add-ins. 7) Pin to Desktop works in Vista/7. 8) Snapping works in Office 2007/2010.
v 6.2 updated on Aug 10, 2010
1) Regular expressions to detect a target window by its caption. 2) Snapping a window to other windows from inside. 3) Excessive consupmtion of graphic resources at the high system load under Windows 7 x64 fixed. 4) Maximize to Desktop fixed. 5) Quick Settings fixed.
v 6.1 updated on Jun 15, 2010
1) Ability to create specific settings from the Log tool. 2) Improved support of console windows in Windows 7. 3) Maximize to Desktop window menu command. 4) Support of administrative tools (Regedit, Event Viewer, etc.) in Vista/7. 5) Ability to close any window via click on its title bar.
v 6.0 updated on Feb 15, 2010
1) Console windows support on Win7. 2) Auto-check for updates. 3) Snap windows to desktop boundaries and to each other. 4) Easy drag/size windows by any point. 5) Customizable clicks on title bar and regular title buttons. 6) Many fixed bugs/stability issues on x64.
v 5.4 updated on Jul 20, 2009
1) The core engine has been slightly improved. 2) The Windows 7 Aero Snap emulation is added. 3) Windows Thumbnails feature is added. 4) Conflicts with several remote control utilities are resolved.
v 5.2 updated on Oct 20, 2008
1) The new Quick Settings dialog is added. 2) The overall stability is improved when running on Windows x64. 3) Now the window settings commands open the specially designed light-weight Configuration dialog containing the subject settings only.
v 5.0 updated on Feb 08, 2008
1) The support for command prompt (or console/CMD/DOS) windows in Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista is added. 2) The full support of native 64-bit applications running on any Windows x64 platform is added.
v 4.5 updated on Jun 25, 2007
[!] Windows Monitoring Log tool is added into the Control Center. It allows detecting newly appeared windows and check, which window rule has been applied in each particular case. Now you can easily solve any configuration ambiguities and detect properties of short-living windows (like tool tips, popup menus etc.). Be careful using this feature: turned on it may slow down your system! [+] The ability to hide the mouse pointer, while it is floating over the specific window, is added. [+] The ability to copy settings from a selected window rule to others is added. [+] The new hotkeys are added: - "Reapply settings" action (Win+F5 by default) - Configuration Module's launch (Win+C by default) - "Unhide" submenu that shows the list of currently minimized/hidden windows (Win+H by default) [+] Now the hotkey status is displayed in the "Hotkeys" panel of the "Options" window: when defining a new key combination, you can see, if the defined combination is already in use with another application or assigned to another action. [+] When minimizing to screen, now you can make screen icons semi-transparent. [+] Now the balloon tip is shown over the Control Center's tray icon at first start after the installation. [*] The internal mechanism of hotkeys processing is significantly improved. [*] The long-awaited improvement for permanent tray/screen icons is made: now permanent icons behave like buttons in the Taskbar (i.e. active window is minimized, inactive window is activated, minimized window is restored). [*] The options structure is redesigned: new "Triggers" and "Actions" grouping nodes are added. [*] The "Hide Configuration Module while using Window Finder" option has been moved from General to User Interface. [*] "Custom Position" and "Custom Size" dialogs now display current window position/size values in their captions. [*] The "Alignment" window menu's submenu now displays the current window position. [-] Compatibility conflicts are solved with: - Quattro Pro X3 menus - GrabIt internal windows - MS Office XP CTFMON.EXE service - X-NetStat application [-] Now the "Configure..." item of Control Center tray icon's context menu is displayed correctly in Windows Vista. [-] Transparency effect conflicts are solved with: - CDArtdisplay application - Emerge Desktop application - Windows Vista Start button [-] The bug of the "minimize-to-screen" feature is fixed: sometimes screen icons used to go out of visible area after minimization. [-] Sometimes windows used to freeze in the rolled state and needed to be resized manually instead of unrolling - now the Unroll function works always as expected.
v 4.4 updated on Apr 26, 2007
[!] The long-awaited feature of "smart saving" is added: now only relevant windows will re-apply their settings when the configuration has been saved. [+] The long-awaited feature is added: now all the minimized windows can be restored via "Unhide"/"Unhide All" items of Control Center's tray icon context menu. [+] The ability is added to adjust the font used by the Configuration Module (refer to the "User Interface" property sheet in the "Options" window). [+] The ability is added to turn on smooth transitions between different transparency levels (refer to the "Make Transparent Action" property sheet in the "Options" window). [+] The ability is added to turn on the smooth rolling up/unrolling of windows (refer to the "Roll Up Action" property sheet in the "Options" window). [+] The ability is added for the "Send Configuration to Tech Support" main menu command: if the automatic e-mail creation is failed then you can save the archive with the configuration files somewhere to send it manually later. [+] Translations to Brazilian Portuguese, Serbian (both Latin and Cyrillic) and Polish languages are added. [*] Run-time memory consumption is slightly reduced. [*] All property sheets for window rule settings are significantly redesigned; the new window rule features' Index panel is added. [*] Now the Configuration Module remembers its main toolbars' placement and column widths in most of list boxes. [*] The transparency effect compatibility with Stardock WindowBlinds is improved. [*] The Resize Action Options property sheet is improved: now you can copy items and adjust the height of Sizes list box. [-] The bug with Microsoft Project 2002/2003 is fixed. [-] The bug with command shell extenders (like 4NT) is fixed. [-] Transparency effect's conflict with Rainlendar 2, RocketDock, Samurize and Y'z Shadow is fixed. [-] The bug is fixed: XP Remote Desktop client was crashed if minimized to the system tray, and then the configuration was saved. [-] The bug is fixed: now multiple instances of Excel 2003/2007 workbooks and Acrobat 7 documents can be correctly minimized to the system tray. [-] The bug is fixed: if in multi-monitor configuration some windows were placed to a secondary display, and it was unplugged during the session then such windows are moved automatically to the primary display. [-] The bug with Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar's hang is fixed. [-] Conflicts with Microsoft Office 2007 tool tips and popup menus are fixed. [-] The bug is fixed: Mozilla applications (Firefox, Thunderbird) left their taskbar entry if they were minimized to the system tray via the standard Minimize button. [-] The bug of incorrect window placement to a primary display while it's resized on secondary display is fixed. [-] The bug of adding a new rule to the empty Specific Windows list is fixed.
v 4.1 updated on Aug 08, 2006
[+] Multi-monitor support: the new "Move to" window menu option is added. [+] The ability to maximize window to desktop by the right-click on the standard Maximize title button is added. [+] The ability to stretch window by the right-click on its border is added. [+] the ability to set the custom position for a window on the fly is added. [+] Currently assigned hotkey's display is added in the window options' names. [*] The work speed and overall stability were slightly improved. [-] The bug with the internal windows of MS Visual Studio 2003/2005 is fixed. [-] The minor visual glitch with the Excluded Windows list in the right pane is fixed.
v 4.0 updated on May 18, 2006
[!] The Configuration Module's user interface is redesigned totally. [!] Settings file size is significantly reduced comparing to the previous versions. [!] Executable modules' size and run-time memory consumption are slightly reduced. [!] The Help contents is redesigned almost from scratch. [+] The Help system has become context-sensitive. [+] Added the ability to copy window rules. [+] Added the ability to customize an icon for a particular Specfic Window rule. [+] Added the ability to automatically create the e-mail message with the attached configuration file. [+] Window Selector tool form now has the "Refresh" button. [+] Window Selector's "Flash window" indication is improved: now it shows the window border even for a covered windows and also flashes window's taskbar button. [+] "Create/Modify window rule" window menu option was transformed into a submenu named "Manage Window Rule" which provides the following abilities for a particular window: - create a new/modify the existent Specific Window rule - create an Excluded Window rule - re-apply the window rule [+] If a window was processed with the particular Specific Window rule the "Modify window rule" window menu item now indicates this rule's name. [+] Added the ability to customize some user interface's options (like toolbars' buttons size). [*] Now every new Specific Window rule is created using the All Windows rule as a template. [+] Added the "Restore to Defaults" command which resets a particular Specific Window rule's options to All Windows rule's options. [*] The correct scaling of the user interface forms is implemented when using the non-standard screen DPIs. [+] Added the ability to set the desired width/height values as a percent of the corresponding desktop size. [+] Window Finder internal tool was adapted for the detection of the current window size and position. [+] The ghost mode was separated from the transparency and now can be turned on independently. [+] Added the new window menu items for the following actions: Ghost, Change Priority. [+] Added the ability to enable/disable all the extra window menu items for a particular window rule. [+] Added the ability to "freeze" the window stay-on-top state which prevents the application from resetting this state. [-] Fixed the bug with Windows Movie Maker: it had hung after stream capture was started. [-] Fixed the bug with Adobe Photoshop: the image window had lost the focus after selecting any tool in the Tools panel. [-] Fixed the bug with the Windows folders: if you close the rolled up folder window then it will be restored with the incorrect size.
v 3.8 updated on Oct 03, 2005
[*] Fixed the bug: if minimized-to-tray application was restored by self or other application and not through the tray icon, in some programs icon remained in tray. To name just a few: Windows Task Manager, TextPad, Microsoft Outlook. [*] Work with almost all integer-valued entry fields has been simplified. Now, one can start entering numbers from empty line and minus as a first symbol in window position fields is possible. [*] Options Dialog: the disappearance of hotkeys list when all flags are disabled and all "Hotkey" values are set to "None" is fixed. [-] Window Rule: "Window class" criterion's "Substring match" option has been removed. Now the criterion's test is always made as checking a join of "Window class" field's entered string into real window class name. [*] Window system menu: the problem with incomplete activation of Configuration Module when choosing command "Create/Modify Window Rule" was finally solved.
v 3.7 updated on Aug 08, 2005
[-] Fixed the bug that didn't allow setting the previous level of transparency correctly in Windows 2000. [+] Added supports of RAdmin remote access windows. [*] We have improved window class identification. Exact matching of the entered window class with the real window class is no longer required. [-] Fixed the bug that didn't allow the Configuration Module to restore correctly when accessed through the "Create/Modify Window Rule" command of the menu. [-] Fixed the bugs in the contextual menu in the Configuration Module tree.
v 3.6 updated on Jul 11, 2005
The new item "Create Window Rule" is included in the system window menu of all windows. With a right mouse click on the window title call a menu and follow the item "Create Window Rule" to create a rule for this window. The new rule will be created automatically and what is left is to specify the actions which you would like to apply to this window. New option "Restore total visibility to the window" is added to Resize Window action. It enables to enlarge the window without having it partly hidden beyond the bottom right-hand corner of your desktop. New "Do not add icon to the tray" option is added to "Minimize to Tray" action. This option is useful for windows that have their own tray icons, such as Microsoft Outlook 2003, Windows Messenger and so on. Custom window rules are added in for the browsers Mozilla Firefox and Opera. Moreover, some settings of already existing rules are modified.
Go back to the Actual Window Menu review