Actual Window Rollup History
Version history for Actual Window Rollup shows you how often it was updated over the past months (starting Jan 31, 2005) as well as 'what is new' information for each update (if available, since this information provided by the author).
v 8.9.1 updated on Sep 11, 2016
1) Configuration Module fixed.
v 8.9 updated on Sep 05, 2016
1) Added proper high DPI scaling for extra title buttons, Log window, program dialogs. 2) Added ability to invoke advanced title button dialogs via hotkeys. 3) Added ability to set arbitrary folder for configuration files. 4) Improved compatibility with Skype, MS Office, Explorer, QuickBooks.
v 8.8 updated on Aug 10, 2016
1) Configuration: Back/Forward buttons added. 2) Configuration: List of specific Window Settings removed from the navigation tree. 3) Configuration: Global Options subitems removed from the navigation tree and transformed into tabs.
v 8.7 updated on Feb 15, 2016
1) Support of Metro apps in Windows 10. 2) Numerous changes in the main Configuration window. 3) Fixed: Extra title buttons overlapped the standard ones in Office 2013+ apps. 4) Fixed: Sometimes title buttons did not redraw in Aero theme. 5) Fixed: Uninstaller showed queries even in silent mode.
v 8.5 updated on Sep 14, 2015
1) Windows 10: Numerous fixes for extra title buttons.
v 8.4 updated on Jun 04, 2015
1) Improved Compact View in Google Chrome/Mozilla Firefox. 2) Added hiding/showing extra title buttons 1-by-1 (gradual Compact View). 3) Fixed rare crashes when unloading Actual Window Rollup. 4) Fixed NuSphere PhpEd 15 debugger hang at startup. 5) Improved compatibility with MAGIX products.
v 8.3 updated on Apr 22, 2015
1) High DPI support improved. 2) Title buttons' color change on mouse hovering added in Windows 8/8.1. 3) Last used path is saved in the Configuration Backup/Restore dialogs.
v 8.2.2 updated on Nov 30, 2014
1) Windows 8.1 Update 1 compatibility. 2) Windows 10 compatibility. 3) Quick Setup wizard. 4) Multi-window configuration. 5) Compact view for title buttons. 6) Default window settings propagate to specific settings.
v 6.5 updated on May 31, 2011
1) Compatible with fullscreen Adobe Flash Player. 2) Compatible with Media Monkey. 3) Look of a single title button in Aero improved.
v 6.4 updated on Mar 23, 2011
1) Buttons' look in Aero improved. 2) Back up/restore configuration. 3) Undo/Redo commands in Configuration window.
v 6.3 updated on Dec 20, 2010
1) Aero Glow on title buttons. 2) Buttons' skins for Office 2007 Silver/Black styles. 3) Buttons work in Office 2010 64-bit. 4) Clicks on standard window parts work in Office 2007/2010. 5) Open Configuration via single/double click on tray icon.
v 6.2 updated on Aug 10, 2010
1) Title buttons compatible with MS Office 2010. 2) Regular expressions to detect a target window by its caption. 3) Excessive consupmtion of graphic resources at the high system load under Windows 7 x64 fixed. 4) Title buttons interfered with the tabs dragging in Google Chrome under Windows 7.
v 6.1 updated on Jun 24, 2010
1) Support of administrative tools in Vista/7. 2) Improved support of console windows in Windows 7. 3) Ability to create specific settings from the Log tool. 4) Multi-selection edit mode optimized. 5) Title button fixed in right-to-left language windows.
v 6.0 updated on Feb 15, 2010
1) Console windows support on Win7. 2) Roll up by left/middle/right click on title bar. 3) Preview thumbnails over rolled up windows. 4) Auto-check for updates. 5) New hotkeys to suspend/resume the program. 6) Many fixed bugs/stability issues on x64.
v 5.4 updated on Jul 15, 2009
Compatibitily with full-screen applications is improved.
v 5.3 updated on Apr 16, 2009
1) The option is added to make the additional title button Office 2007-like. 2) The amount of consumed Windows graphics resources is decreased significantly. 3) Now Configuration windows remember their Maximized state between sessions.
v 5.1 updated on Jul 15, 2008
Actual Window Rollup 5.1 (23.06.2008)
[+] Now you can edit multiple specific settings at once in the Configuration
Module (use Ctrl+
v 5.0 updated on Feb 13, 2008
1) The support for command prompt (or console/CMD/DOS) windows in Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista is added. 2) The full support of native 64-bit applications running on any Windows x64 platform is added.
v 4.5 updated on Jul 02, 2007
[!] Windows Monitoring Log tool is added into the Control Center. It allows detecting newly appeared windows and check, which window rule has been applied in each particular case. Now you can easily solve any configuration ambiguities and detect properties of short-living windows (like tool tips, popup menus etc.). Be careful using this feature: turned on it may slow down your system! [+] The ability to hide the mouse pointer, while it is floating over the specific window, is added. [+] The ability to copy settings from a selected window rule to others is added. [+] The new hotkeys are added: - "Reapply settings" action (Win+F5 by default) - Configuration Module's launch (Win+C by default) - "Unhide" submenu that shows the list of currently minimized/hidden windows (Win+H by default) [+] Now the hotkey status is displayed in the "Hotkeys" panel of the "Options" window: when defining a new key combination, you can see, if the defined combination is already in use with another application or assigned to another action. [+] The ability to temporarily disable the automatic rolling up via Roll Up title button's context menu or Roll Up window menu's submenu is added. [+] Now the balloon tip is shown over the Control Center's tray icon at first start after the installation. [*] The internal mechanism of hotkeys processing is significantly improved. [*] The options structure is redesigned: new "Triggers" and "Actions" grouping nodes are added. [*] The "Hide Configuration Module while using Window Finder" option has been moved from General to User Interface. [*] Title buttons appearance in Windows Vista is improved. [-] The "orphaned title buttons" bug in Windows Vista is fixed: sometimes title buttons used to get detached from their owner window and stuck on the desktop. [-] Compatibility conflicts are solved with: - Quattro Pro X3 menus - GrabIt internal windows - MS Office XP CTFMON.EXE service - X-NetStat application [-] Now the "Configure..." item of Control Center tray icon's context menu is displayed correctly in Windows Vista. [-] Title buttons now work properly in PowerPoint 2007. [-] Title buttons' behavior in Outlook 2007 is improved. [-] Sometimes windows used to freeze in the rolled state and needed to be resized manually instead of unrolling - now the Unroll function works always as expected.
v 4.4 updated on Apr 26, 2007
[!] The long-awaited feature of "smart saving" is added: now only relevant windows will re-apply their settings when the configuration has been saved. [+] The ability is added to adjust the font used by the Configuration Module (refer to the "User Interface" property sheet in the "Options" window). [+] The ability is added to turn on the smooth rolling up/unrolling of windows (refer to the "Roll Up Action" property sheet in the "Options" window). [+] The ability is added for the "Send Configuration to Tech Support" main menu command: if the automatic e-mail creation is failed then you can save the archive with the configuration files somewhere to send it manually later. [+] Translations to Brazilian Portuguese, Serbian (both Latin and Cyrillic) and Polish languages are added. [*] Run-time memory consumption is slightly reduced. [*] All property sheets for window rule settings are significantly redesigned; the new window rule features' Index panel is added. [*] Now the Configuration Module remembers its main toolbars' placement and column widths in most of list boxes. [*] Now title buttons are displayed correctly when using Vista Transformation Pack, XP Media Center Edition theme or some of StyleXP themes. [-] The bug with Microsoft Project 2002/2003 is fixed. [-] The bug with command shell extenders (like 4NT) is fixed. [-] The bug is fixed: the Windows Vista Firewall with Advanced Security's GUI was hung when the "New Rule..." button was pressed while running the Actual Tools program. [-] The bug is fixed: now title buttons work correctly in Excel 2007. [-] The bug with Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar's hang is fixed. [-] Conflicts with Microsoft Office 2007 tool tips and popup menus are fixed. [-] The bug with VMware Workstation 5.5 crash while opening the Snapshot Manager is fixed. [-] The visual glitch is fixed when using the Tabbed Browsing plugin of Windows Live! Toolbar. [-] The bug is fixed: Eudora was crashed immediately at startup if there any of extra Actual Tools buttons were added. [-] The bug of adding a new rule to the empty Specific Windows list is fixed.
v 4.1 updated on Aug 12, 2006
[+] Currently assigned hotkey's display is added in the title buttons' tooltips. [+] Currently assigned hotkey's display is added in the window options' names. [*] The work speed and overall stability were slightly improved. [-] The bug with the internal windows of MS Visual Studio 2003/2005 is fixed. [-] The minor visual glitch with the Excluded Windows list in the right pane is fixed.
v 4.0 updated on May 18, 2006
[!] The Configuration Module's user interface is redesigned totally. [!] Settings file size is significantly reduced comparing to the previous versions. [!] Executable modules' size and run-time memory consumption are slightly reduced. [!] The Help contents is redesigned almost from scratch. [+] The Help system has become context-sensitive. [+] Added the ability to copy window rules. [+] Added the ability to customize an icon for a particular Specfic Window rule. [+] Added the ability to automatically create the e-mail message with the attached configuration file. [+] Window Selector tool form now has the "Refresh" button. [+] Window Selector's "Flash window" indication is improved: now it shows the window border even for a covered windows and also flashes window's taskbar button. [+] "Create/Modify window rule" window menu option was transformed into a submenu named "Manage Window Rule" which provides the following abilities for a particular window: - create a new/modify the existent Specific Window rule - create an Excluded Window rule - re-apply the window rule [+] If a window was processed with the particular Specific Window rule the "Modify window rule" window menu item now indicates this rule's name. [+] Added the ability to customize some user interface's options (like toolbars' buttons size). [*] Now every new Specific Window rule is created using the All Windows rule as a template. [+] Added the "Restore to Defaults" command which resets a particular Specific Window rule's options to All Windows rule's options. [*] The correct scaling of the user interface forms is implemented when using the non-standard screen DPIs. [+] Added the ability to combine automatically some window states: transparency - with stay-on-top, ghost rollup - with stay-on-top [+] Added the skin support for the title buttons to fit them into the different visual themes. [*] The recognition of window mouse-hovering is improved. [-] Fixed the bug with Windows Movie Maker: it had hung after stream capture was started. [-] Fixed the bug with Adobe Photoshop: the image window had lost the focus after selecting any tool in the Tools panel. [-] Fixed the bug with the Windows folders: if you close the rolled up folder window then it will be restored with the incorrect size.
v 3.8 updated on Sep 28, 2005
[-] Default Window Rule: the bug with "temporarily unroll the window while the mouse cursor moves over the window" effect was fixed. [*] Work with almost all integer-valued entry fields has been simplified. Now, one can start entering numbers from empty line and minus as a first symbol in window position fields is possible. [*] Options Dialog: the disappearance of hotkeys list when all flags are disabled and all "Hotkey" values are set to "None" is fixed. [-] Window Rule: "Window class" criterion's "Substring match" option has been removed. Now the criterion's test is always made as checking a join of "Window class" field's entered string into real window class name. [*] Window system menu: the problem with incomplete activation of Configuration Module when choosing command "Create/Modify Window Rule" was finally solved.
v 3.7 updated on Aug 15, 2005
[-] Fixed the bug that caused blinking of the title buttons. Support of visual themes in Windows XP for title buttons has also been improved. [+] Added supports of RAdmin remote access windows. [*] We have improved window class identification. Exact matching of the entered window class with the real window class is no longer required. [-] Fixed the bug that didn't allow the Configuration Module to restore correctly when accessed through the "Create/Modify Window Rule" command of the menu. [-] Fixed the bugs in the contextual menu in the Configuration Module tree.
v 3.6 updated on Apr 11, 2005
New way to create the custom options for specific windows. The new item "Create Window Rule" is included in the system window menu of all windows. With a right mouse click on the window title call a menu and follow the item "Create Window Rule" to create a rule for this window. The new rule will be created automatically and what is left is to specify the actions which you would like to apply to this window. Custom window rules are added in for the browsers Mozilla Firefox and Opera. Moreover, some settings of already existing rules are modified. The interface of the program is slightly changed.
v 3.5 updated on Jan 31, 2005
Windows Extension Engine is improved. Added "Hide Configuration Window when using the Window Finder (gunsight) tool" option. Added "Enable All Rules" and "Disable All Rules" commands. Added context menu for Window Rules. Supports of MFC windows (window class like Afx:X:X:X:X:X) Memory usage and load speed optimization.
Go back to the Actual Window Rollup review