Version history for ColorCache shows you how often it was updated over the past months (starting Nov 24, 2004) as well as 'what is new' information for each update (if available, since this information provided by the author).
v 5.0 updated on Dec 02, 2014
Totally Redesigned HTML Preview - re-color live websites Support for high DPI systems
v 4.2 updated on Mar 23, 2011
- Fix: double-click editing preference now held across sessions - Provided easier access to color format editing through format combo. - Can now configure the status bar to show multiple color formats in your preferred order. - Some compatibility changes.
v 188.8.131.52 updated on Oct 27, 2010
- Fix: Under Windows 7, dropper tool in Palette Builder now allows more time for window animation when "minimze on dropper" is set. - Fix: Multi-paste facility now works correctly with newer Photoshop dialogs under Windows 7
v 184.108.40.206 updated on Aug 23, 2010
- Fix: Under Windows 7 dropper tool now allows more time for window animation when "minimize on dropper" is set. - New: Set Color Name now available as toolbar button
v 220.127.116.11 updated on Jun 19, 2009
- Adjust Colors screen now allows use of color wheel and direct value entry for single colors - Installer updated (improvements for Vista) - Fix: Editor now accommodates much larger css files - Fix: HTML Preview import wizard columns correctly sized - Fix: UAE when exiting HTML Preview under Vista
v 18.104.22.168 updated on May 09, 2008
- Fix: Handle leak in process monitoring for Pin to Program - Installer updated (improvements for Vista)
v 22.214.171.124 updated on Oct 22, 2007
- Added new default color format for Delphi, "Delphi BGR". - Fix: Steps taken to reduce chances of incompletely drawn background when invoking dropper - Fix: Toolbar icon size correctly synchronized between main window and Palette Builder / Preview windows - Fix: Fonts used in certain dialogs change
v 126.96.36.199 updated on Aug 15, 2007
Some small bugfixes for license key handling
v 4 updated on Jul 09, 2007
- Import your own web pages and try different color schemes, seeing the results instantly. - Multi-Box Paste. Breaks a color specification apart and automatically pastes the separate values into separate boxes in the target program. -Improved Toolbar Customization.
v 3.5.3 updated on Apr 26, 2007
- Changes to work around DEP problems on Vista and Windows Server 2003 SP2.
v 3.4.1 updated on Sep 13, 2006
- Fixed: under certain circumstances ColorCache could "go behind" the desktop window when using Pin to Program. - Fixed: on some PCs, ColorCache could prompt to save changes twice during a restart/shutdown.
v 3.4 updated on Jul 15, 2006
- New feature: "Pin to Program". ColorCache can now remember the window size, position and color format you typically use with your favorite HTML and graphics programs and restore them automatically. See the Help for more details. - Some enhancements to color format editing
v 3.3.2 updated on May 02, 2006
- Improved menu handling and display - Changes to ensure compatibility with Windows Vista.
v 3.3.1 updated on Mar 06, 2006
- Dropper tool can now capture the average color. Hold down the "A" key while using the standard dropper, or use the dedicated average color dropper. - Help window no longer stays on top of ColorCache
v 3.3 updated on Dec 26, 2005
- New preview templates added, existing previews improved - New default formula sets added (see Release Notes for details) - Some cosmetic improvements.
v 188.8.131.52 updated on Nov 20, 2005
- Tooltips in main window now show color spec as well as color name. - Tooltips enabled for colors in Palette Builder, showing the color spec - Corrected formatting error when named color is dragged onto Palette Builder.
v 184.108.40.206 updated on Aug 22, 2005
- Color names are now preserved by the Illustrator export function. - Some cosmetic improvements.
v 220.127.116.11 updated on Jun 16, 2005
- Added support for Fireworks variant of Photoshop color table (.ACT) - There are now three different color sizes in report view: small, medium and large - Can now choose what action to take when a color is double-clicked: set name or edit color values.
v 18.104.22.168 updated on May 06, 2005
Reverted to original ini/formula loading method for W2k/XP/2003 as the method introduced in v22.214.171.124 caused problems for a minority of W2K/XP/2003 users.
v 126.96.36.199 updated on Feb 22, 2005
- Import Palette from XML now extended to allow import from full ColorCache files (previously only exported single-page files were eligible for re-import) - Fixes to drawing issues on certain operating sytems.
v 188.8.131.52 updated on Jan 17, 2005
Resolves issue with control display when using Windows 2000 displaly schemes.
v 184.108.40.206 updated on Dec 16, 2004
Some color calculations modified following reports of anomalies on certain PCs. The anomalies may have been caused by slight hardware instability when doing floating point calculations, or by differences in fp results across different families of processor.
v 3.0 updated on Nov 24, 2004
Improved Palette Builder; Import, Export and Define your own Color Formulas; Reverse Engineer Color Formulas; Improved Palette Layout and Display Options; New Import an Output Formats; Customizable preview in Website Feature
Go back to the ColorCache review