Version history for DipTrace shows you how often it was updated over the past months (starting Dec 28, 2004) as well as 'what is new' information for each update (if available, since this information provided by the author).
v 3.0 updated on Mar 23, 2016
- Differential Pairs - ODB++ export - Gerber X2 export - Configurable hotkeys - UI polishing and speed optimization - 15000+ new parts - 5000+ STEP models for 3D
v 2.4 updated on Dec 01, 2014
- 3D STEP Export - IPC-D-356A Netlist Export - Updated UI - Unicode - New library management - 15000+ new parts
v 2.1 updated on Feb 15, 2010
- High-class shape-based auto-router - Dimensions - Improved component editors - Saving settings with project file - OrCAD Import/Export - many other new features - UI polishing - Windows Vista/7 compatibility - 16000+ new components
v 2.0 updated on Feb 24, 2009
- Design manager - Hierarchical schematic - Fanout - Manual routing improved - Arc traces - many other new features - 8000+ new components
v 1.50 updated on Apr 07, 2008
- Open GL, Direct 3D - Vector font - Panelizing - Copper pour island removal - Selecting/Deselecting objects by type, layer, etc. - many other new features - 9000+ new components
v 1.40 updated on May 29, 2007
- Auto-placement - Placement by list and arrangement - Spice support - Edge connector patterns support (smd pads on both sides of pattern) - gerber "export all" option - quick update from Schematic (shortcut key) - many other new features
v 1.23 updated on Apr 26, 2006
1. Custom thermals for pads. 2. Sorting in Component and Pattern Editors. 3. 'Zoom Extents" tool in Schematic and PCB. 4. Separate scale and position for Schematic pages. 5. Checking net connectivity feature. 6. "Save to File" button in schematic comparison dialog box. 7. "Paste sub-menu" by right click in design area. 8. Raster and Font vectorization for gerber was improved. 9. Unlimited zoom in Gerber and N/C drill preview. 10. Separate selection of each wire of net or bus in Schematic. 11. Moving vias and "add node" features were improved. 12. Renaming and Deleting nets in connection manager. 13. PopUp menu when trying to merge nets in PCB. 14. Returning origin to default position feature. 15. Editing wire nodes in Schematic was improved. 16. Printing negative in PCB Layout. 17. "R" or "Space" to rotate part text while moving (F10). 18. "Apply to" options for pad properties dialog box. 19. Selection of overlapping objects by repeated clicks. 20. Import P-CAD PDIF in Schematic and PCB. 21. Import Eagle Script and P-CAD ASCII library formats.
v 1.22.r2 updated on Feb 03, 2006
- Gerber - number of logical layers was corrected, saving drill symbols comment. - Customizable origin in all programs, part/pattern origin. - Placement components/patterns by coordinates, X and Y in properties. - Copper pour to MtHole rule check was corrected. - "Paste Mask for SMD pads only" option for gerber export. - Saving silk font in pcb and schematic files. - Use design origin in Gerber, DXF, N/C Drill, Pick and Place. - Exporting BOM to file. - Saving tables to file (Text or Excel CSV). - Editing text in scale and grid boxes. - Inserting/Deleting points in polylines/polygons/copper pour. - Mirror feature focus was corrected. - Manual routing was improved, free angle mode, hot keys. - Number of holes and holes by size were added to "Design Information" in PCB Layout. - "Hide Wire" feature in Schematic (net submenu).
v 1.22.r1 updated on Jan 10, 2006
- Assymmetric polygonal pads rotating was corrected. - Esc button can be used to turn on default mode. - Working with layers in Component and Pattern Editors was improved. - Design/Schematic Info in PCB Layout and Schematics. - Working with Jumper Wires and Layers for nets was improved. - Clearing pad/via holes in Gerber. - Autorouter was improved. - Replacing components of defined type in Schematic and PCB Layout. - Pin sub-menu/Net properties item in Schematic. - DRC was improved (check copper pours, jumpers; list of errors; templates)
v 1.22 updated on Dec 09, 2005
"Hide Pads in Layer" global command for selected components. Show/Hide pin numbers for custom parts in Schematic. "Cancel" option while closing the program if project is not saved. Layer priority directions in the autorouter. Drill G-code for Mach 2/3 export. Pattern preview before part placement in Schematic. Electrical type for pins. Electrical Rule Check in Schematic. Bill of Materials feature was improved. Updated libraries.
v 1.21.r6 updated on Nov 02, 2005
- DXF Import in Pattern Editor and PCB Layout - Round board outlines - "Group/Ungroup pattern" feature in PCB Layout allows you to create/edit patterns without using pattern editor. - Find object (part or net) on the design feature. - Moving "out of grid" parts and patterns was corrected. - Rotating raster images feature was improved. - Using custom net clearance in the copper pours. - "Hide connections" option for the pads connected by copper pour. - Hide connections for custom nets, connections optimization and "routed only" mode. - "Hide pad shape" in custom signal/plane layer. - Picture resolution in the Preview/Save dialog box. - Update design from Schematic by hidden id (component to component) or by RefDes. - Check similar pad numbers while converting Schematic to PCB. - Back annotate function (Apply PCB RefDes, Type and Value back to Schematic parts). - Save settings on a per-layer basis for gerber export. - 600% and 800% values was added to standard scales.
v 1.21.r5 updated on Jun 14, 2005
v 1.21 updated on Mar 01, 2005
v 1.20 updated on Dec 28, 2004
Go back to the DipTrace review