Version history for FlexHEX shows you how often it was updated over the past months (starting Jun 20, 2005) as well as 'what is new' information for each update (if available, since this information provided by the author).
v 2.6 updated on Sep 22, 2008
- Added 'Block Coloring' feature. - Fixed: Search patterns were displayed in wrong colors depending on location. - Minor bugfixes.
v 2.5 updated on May 02, 2008
- Support for 64-bit operating systems. - New hex string formats in the 'Insert Immediate' dialog. - Several minor fixes.
v 2.43 updated on Apr 25, 2007
A maintenance release fixing several issues.
v 2.3 updated on Sep 15, 2006
- Complex data types (structures) introduced, - Data fields can be anchored to data (sticky fields), - New commands: Go to Cluster (logical disks) and Go to Sector (physical and logical disks). - Several bug fixed.
v 2.1 updated on Apr 11, 2006
- Support for compressed drive images and scrap files. - A new 'Multi-Search' command. - A new 'Pattern Coloring' command. - Improved 'Find All' command. - Improved search result pane.
v 2.0 updated on Feb 14, 2006
- A new file (stream) comparison feature. - File maps and drive maps have been introduced. - The 'Modified' and the 'Region' navigation panes have been replaced with a new 'Area' pane. - A new command 'Edit / Copy As'. - A lot of minor improvements.
v 1.4 updated on Dec 19, 2005
- Cryptographically strong AES-based random number generator. - Bitwise operations, arithmetic operations, shifts and rotates. - Advanced calculator supporting text and binary drag-and-drop and Copy/Paste.
v 1.3 updated on Nov 20, 2005
- Added support for OLE compound files. - Added C-style escape sequences for inserting non-printable characters into character strings and stream names. - New hash function: SHA-256. - Added command-line interface. - New command in the Explorer right-click menu: 'Open As Compound File'. - Several files can be opened using the Explorer right-click menu.
v 1.2 updated on Sep 28, 2005
v 1.1 updated on Aug 02, 2005
New command 'Edit Selected As'. New command 'Find All', New Navigation pane, Several minor improvements and bugfixes.
v 1.0 updated on Jun 20, 2005
Go back to the FlexHEX review