InsideCAT Lite Edition History
Version history for InsideCAT Lite Edition shows you how often it was updated over the past months (starting May 20, 2005) as well as 'what is new' information for each update (if available, since this information provided by the author).
v 5.02 updated on Dec 02, 2014
* Main bug at Backup function fixed. Now works as expected. * Main bug about creating CD-Audio catalogs prior to 1980 fixed. * "Extract" and "BackUp" tabs relocated at new "Tools" tab.
v 4.25 updated on Apr 22, 2011
Fixed main bug about using more than 4 GB at "The Colletor". Added multi-sort (up to 4 columns) at "Catalogues" grid and "Search" grid. Added options to hide columns (and lower panel) at "Search" grid. Added option to choose 3 font sizes (8, 10 or 12) for all graphical reports...
v 4.12 updated on Jul 08, 2010
*New option "Browse thumbnails with subfolders". Shows all the thumbnails at the selected folder and all itÂ´s subfolders. * Added "User Manual" (PDF version of the help file). * Updated routines for multimedia files.
v 4.11 updated on Jun 10, 2010
* General bug fixing at "Thumbnails browser". Now it works as expected. * Small aesthetics changes at "Thumbnails browser". Added buttons "Goto first" and "Goto last". * Updated routines for multimedia files.
v 4.10 updated on Dec 30, 2009
* Updated routines for multimedia files. * Added support for multimedia music files (.MP2) and video files (.QT .MP4 .MPV .MPGV .VOB). * Better multimedia data extraction for MPEG files with only sound. * "Number of channels" for multimedia files now can be 9 (maximum).
v 4.03 updated on May 19, 2009
* Updated internal routines for multimedia files support. * Minimun screen resolution now is 800x480 (before 800x600). * Portuguese language available for help file.
v 4.01 updated on Dec 29, 2007
* Fixed main bug, when creating new catalogues. Some problematic multimedia files made program hang. Now this files are treated as normal files and program does not hang. * Changed PDF scan engine (back to v3 engine). Slower but safer. * Fixed minor bug after using "Paste at 1st level".
v 4.00 updated on May 16, 2007
Thumbnails and EXIF metadata extraction from bitmap files. Six new Windows style reports. Label and cover designer for CD/DVD. New multimedia file formats support: Real, Quicktime, Kodak, Photoshop... PDF and bitmap files support renewed (faster and better). German language for UI.
v 3.26 updated on Apr 11, 2006
More stability when creating BIG catalogues. General re-organization of Re-Catalogue function. Italian and French languages added.
v 3.22 updated on Feb 01, 2006
Enhanced catalogation of WAV files. New data for Audio files: format type, stored at Description field. General bug fixing at Duplicates search. Minor aesthetic enhancements.
v 3.21 updated on Dec 21, 2005
Enhanced catalogation of MP3 files. PDF tag catalogation has also been improved. New panel at Catalogues Tab providing full info of the file selected. Dutch language added (only program, not help file). Better run from read-only discs (CD-ROM).
v 3.20 updated on Oct 27, 2005
CD-Text format support for CD-Audio cataloguing. On-the-fly decompression for opening nested files. Full extraction of EXE files without execution. Use KB and MB for filesize at Catalogues tab. Bug fixed (with wrong Author MP3 tag).
v 3.11 updated on Aug 17, 2005
Bug fixing ("range check error" when cataloguing).
v 3.10 updated on Aug 03, 2005
Multimedia support for WMV and ASF video formats (with DirectShow). Multimedia support for AC3 audio format. Multimedia support for DIB, RLE and JPEG2000 bitmap format. Multimedia support for HAV video format. Small IU enhancements. Bug fixing.
v 3.05 updated on Jun 22, 2005
Export function general improvements (user configurable, multimedia data). Small UI enhancedments (more help buttons, right-click menus...). General bug fixing (all Known Bugs fixed).
v 3.00 updated on May 20, 2005
* Cataloguing of CD-Audio disks automatic (with Internet) or manual. * Textual search with Perl 5 regular expressions. * Textual search also on Author and Genre/Subject. * You can assign a password to avoid running the program if not typed. * New field (and column) Author (now not stored on Description). * More speed on searching (regardless of the new search functions). * Multimedia support for PDF document files. * Multimedia support for MPEG and FLI/FLC video files. * Compressed files support for SQC format. * Two new fields for document files: Author and Subject. * One new field for video files: nÂº of audio channels. * New field "Description" for catalogues (searcheable). * New field "Location" for catalogues (not searcheable). * Use of multimedia colours in all the screens. * Ejects the CD/DVD disks after cataloguing them. * Allows to view nested files of others at Search screen. * Setup option to disable the question Do you really want to exit?. * Bug fixed: cataloguing fails with files over 4 GB.
Go back to the InsideCAT Lite Edition review