Master Key History
Version history for Master Key shows you how often it was updated over the past months (starting Nov 25, 2004) as well as 'what is new' information for each update (if available, since this information provided by the author).
v 5.5.2 updated on Dec 02, 2014
Fixed incorrect read-only reporting
v 5.5.1 updated on Dec 10, 2010
Fixed Hide Keyboard function on test window (broken in 5.5)
v 5.4.8 updated on Apr 21, 2010
- Fixed some issues with showing words with accented characters in French and German drills - Fixed an issue with opening drill selection window - Fixed graph checkboxes disappearing when mousing over them in the History window in Windows
v 5.4.7 updated on Nov 02, 2009
Fixed problem of starting wrong next drill from history window thus also giving credit incorrectly to the drill that was supposed to be started. Bug introduced in 5.4.6.
v 5.4.4 updated on May 13, 2009
Fixed an issue where a crash resulted when trying to get the account folder name with account mode on in Master Key with some Windows account configurations
v 5.4.2 updated on Dec 12, 2008
Fixed a cheat bug in ParaTyper
v 5.4.1 updated on Nov 12, 2008
- Fixed file name display problem created by files starting with "._" created on the Mac showing when running Windows - Fixed a problem of ParaTyper High Scores not saving on Windows Vista
v 5.4 updated on Oct 13, 2008
- Added multiple pupil, class, password import from delimited text file ability - In order to discourage key repeat abuse, a dialog is now presented when too many keystrokes are typed incorrectly. - ParaTyper no longer accepts keystrokes as correct before word is visible - Fixed a problem reloading paginated drills when drills is reselected at the time of launch - When Pupils folder is the Master Key folder doesn't have write permissions with account mode off and not in network mode, now uses Pupils folder in Master Key Data folder in account preferences folder
v 5.3.4 updated on Sep 15, 2008
Fixed problem of incorrect WPM when certificate is printed from Class Report or main window.
v 5.2.6 updated on Oct 22, 2007
- Now only allows one instance of itself to run on the same computer
v 5.2.5 updated on Sep 19, 2007
- Now preserves main window height between launches - Now always shows last WPM and error rate in unit mastery views for consistency instead of sometimes showing average - Fixed graph error rate line color - MacIntel: Fix to ParaTyper second run - Windows: Fixes problem with certain situations incorrectly reading local preferences in network mode - Windows: Cosmetic improvements for Vista
v 5.2.4 updated on May 21, 2007
- Fixed & not showing in tip box text - Added alt-backspace support for deleting words
v 5.2.3 updated on Apr 26, 2007
- Fixed ParaTyper not accepting keyboard input properly in some configurations - Fixed errant unable to save preferences message when checking for update in the background at launch - Fixed nil exception at quit when quitting from Drill Editor - Fixed tips in a couple Dvorak Drills
v 5.0 updated on May 02, 2006
- Main window now shows entire unit and mastery progess - Refined main window, drill, preferences, and history window layouts and enhanced some graphics - Mastery Report and Mastery Certificate can now be printed from main window. Mastery Report can be printed from Class Reports - Added Mastery Report to Class Reports with printing - Drill is now paused when switching out of Master Key - Entire Unit of drills is loaded and cached - Added smooth scrolling to drill window - "Pupil Privileges" are now "Rules" in the preferences. - Added "Require Mastery in order to advance to next progressive drill" rule. - Drill selection, pausing, timer options, and speed goal are no longer rules in the preferences - Recreated numeric keypad lessons - Enter key works for dismissing tip window and numeric clear key on Mac works as a delete key for numeric drills - Page of paginated drills is now remembered - History entries increased to 2,000 from 500 - Arrow keys can now be used to select page in pagination window - Mac: Help is now stored internally and registered properly with Apple's Help - Windows: Account Mode is now an option - Windows: Numeric keyboard layout is now adjusted for Windows keyboards - Windows: ParaTyper music now uses Windows Media so that the Quicktime requirement is removed - Dozens of other minor improvements and fixes as the result a a considerable audit of the source code - Eliminated OS 9 version build since a major backporting effort went into making 4.5LC fast and efficient with newer core features for Macs that can't run OS X.
v 4.2 updated on Mar 06, 2006
- Added: Speed goals can now be attached to drills. All progressive drills are updated with suggested speed goals. - Optimized: Further improvements to Drill and Pupil selection speed (about 50% faster) for OS 9 and Windows which is most evident in network mode - Optimized: Further improvements to network files handling and reporting - Fixed: Mastery qualifiers for Accuracy and Error Rate now properly take decimals into consideration.
v 4.1.2 updated on Jan 17, 2006
- Fixed: Mastery is analyzed in correct historical order again (broken in 4.1.1)
v 4.1 updated on Dec 06, 2005
- Added: Heads-up words per minute display to test window - Added: Teacher and Pupil passwords are now encrypted in files. - Added: Minutes column in Class Reports - Added: Mac versions will now look for "Master Key Preferences" in the Master Key application folder first for registration and preferences for read-only. - Added: Pupil Privilege option for allowing printing - Changed: All dates are now in ISO 8601 format. - Changed: Log Column in History and Class Reports are now properly sortable. - Changed: Error and accuracy percentages are now recorded in 1/10ths of a percent. - Fixed: Blank drill display issues for Windows 98 - Fixed: Tabs in history incorrectly becoming disabled in Windows 98 - Fixed: Pressing return when naming new pupils in Windows incorrectly producing two Pupils in Class Settings list.
v 4.0.3 updated on Oct 27, 2005
v 4.0.2 updated on Aug 31, 2005
v 4.0.1 updated on Aug 17, 2005
v 4.0 updated on Jun 23, 2005
New Drill Editor, Class Reports and much more
v 3.1.7 updated on Feb 03, 2005
- Fixed: Spelling errors in Drill 21 of QWERTY - Fixed: Small sound problem on plane sound on all transport carriers beyond 2nd when music is off - Starting a second ParaTyper game now starts properly - Tank double words now show space between words properly
v 3.1.6 updated on Dec 23, 2004
If you already have 3.1.5, this update is only useful if you are using a non-English keyboard. - Fixed: Typed accent characters are now accepted properly in ParaTyper
v 3.1.5 updated on Nov 25, 2004
- Fixed: words longer than the line length are now forced to wrap on the / or length limit instead of getting the program stuck - Much faster and better pagination of large text files - Fixed inconsistencies of Mastered Drills list - Speed meter scope is now 200% of goal instead of always surrounding 20 wpm - More improvements to AZERTY and QWERTZ progressive drills - AZERTY and QWERTZ progressive drills are no longer encrypted - Saved window positions saved partially off screen are now better positioned in full view when they are reopened - Improvements to network folder permission checking - Accent characters are now handled in Windows 98 and ME by using Windows Latin encoding - Two-stroke characters are now handled for French in Windows
Go back to the Master Key review