Version history for PromptPal shows you how often it was updated over the past months (starting Aug 02, 2005) as well as 'what is new' information for each update (if available, since this information provided by the author).
v 2.1.1 updated on Dec 02, 2014
- Added: Configuration option to limit autocomplete popup width for very long items. - Updated Help file. - Updated Installer.
v 188.8.131.52 updated on May 23, 2011
- Fix: Prevented appearance of auxiliary windows in Win 7 - Fix: Shell extensions now work on 64-bit OSes - Updated Installer
v 184.108.40.206 updated on Sep 22, 2008
- Improved compatibility with non-English systems that frequently use special characters (e.g German umlaut) - Added ability to change info bar text & background color (File->Configure->Preferences Tab) - Updated Installer
v 220.127.116.11 updated on Nov 06, 2007
- Further installer improvements for Vista. - Added ability to toggle line wrapping (View -> Word Wrap) - Added new Explorer context menu command: "Open PromptPal at containing folder" - Changed default font to Courier New (looks better on LCD monitors)
v 18.104.22.168 updated on Jul 17, 2007
- Fix: the EXIT command is handled correctly for all tabs. - The post-install launch method has been changed for Vista
v 22.214.171.124 updated on Apr 26, 2007
- Installer modified to get round a remaining DEP problem under Vista / Server 2003 SP2
v 1.5.2 updated on Sep 13, 2006
- Fix: recognition of current directory now working again - Added Cancel facility to File->Configure screen
v 1.5.1 updated on Aug 31, 2006
- Added search facility (by popular request!)
v 1.5 updated on Jul 27, 2006
- Added in-built printing support, with print preview and printing of current selection. - Improvements when handling extremely heavy output from a command.
v 1.4.6 updated on May 16, 2006
- PromptPal now has its own version of the popular Tail command. This can be used to keep tabs on text log files, showing new entries as they are added to the end of the file. PromptPal's Tail can work with most common file formats and encoding schemes including PC, Unix, ANSI, Unicode and UTF-8. - New time-saver when pasting: pasted text is always added to the current command line. This makes it easier to borrow from previous commands and output when building a new command. - Fix: typing commands that start with Windows reserved filenames (e.g. "con", "nul") no longer locks up the info bar. - Fix: Popup lists now try to avoid screen area consumed by taskbar and app bars.
v 1.4.5 updated on Mar 28, 2006
- Added the ability to choose your own keyboard shortcuts for commonly used menu commands - Added "Select all pane text" command - Optionally, use of Scroll-Lock key now prevents automatic scrolling as new output arrives. See - Preferences page in Configuration screen. - TAB key now cycles through path auto-complete options when popup list is disabled - Added CTRL+TAB shortcut (in addition to CTRL+F6) to cycle through open tabs
v 1.4 updated on Feb 14, 2006
Added optional save/restore of tab set Added ability to name tabs Added ability to re-order tabs by drag and drop Added ability to selectively enable/disable autocomplete Fix: $ character no longer blocked by auto-complete list Fix: drawing issue in single pane mode when multiple tabs are active Fix: CLS command now clears appropriate PromptPal pane
v 1.3 updated on Nov 11, 2005
- Added tabbed interface with optional single window mode - Added clear pane command - Added path quoting assistance - Added instant path complete via Tab key - Added optional automatic path substitution for new user-defined commands - Improvements to path completion - Improved handling of parameterized commands by the band - Several minor bug-fixes
v 1.2 updated on Oct 07, 2005
- Added full path auto-complete. Now seeks out matching files and folders as well as paths from the history. - Added option to select whether the path auto-complete should seek out folders only, files only, both or none. - Added option to choose whether the space bar should select from auto-complete lists. Default is "off". - Added option to execute immediately after a selection is made in the taskbar band's list - Various cosmetic improvements
v 1.1 updated on Aug 30, 2005
- Taskbar band now has a browser-style "Go" button. You can show/hide the button and change its base color from PromptPal's Configure screen. - Pane docking sensitivity adjusted - the panes are much easier to drag out now. - Focus and text selection improved for the band - New context commands for the band: "New PromptPal Window" and "Strike Selected Command From History" - Hotkey to instantly set focus to the band (right-click in the band's edit box and select from the menu) - Can designate certain commands as "favorites", so they're never lost from the command history - Select All added to PromptPal's main window
v 1.0 updated on Aug 02, 2005
Go back to the PromptPal review