VentaFax & Voice History
Version history for VentaFax & Voice shows you how often it was updated over the past months (starting Nov 16, 2004) as well as 'what is new' information for each update (if available, since this information provided by the author).
v 220.127.116.114 updated on Jan 22, 2016
1. When using IP telephony now speakerphone mode is automatically enabled while dialing a number without sending a message (and automatically disabled when the call is over), except in the case of real-time message review mode (call screening) being active. 2. ...
v 18.104.22.1683 updated on Dec 23, 2015
1. Improved compatibility with Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8 and 8.1). You will now be able to send faxes both from traditional programs (desktop apps) and Windows Store apps (also known as Metro-style apps). 2. ...
v 22.214.171.1248 updated on Oct 19, 2015
1. Fixed problems with voice command set automatic detection for certain modems.
v 126.96.36.1997 updated on Sep 15, 2015
1. Added a possibility to generate scheduled delivery queue from comma-separated text files (*.CSV) 2. Added the support of voice functions in voice GSM modems by Huawei (tested with Huawei E173, but may work with other models from the same manufacturer). ...
v 188.8.131.520 updated on Dec 21, 2014
1. To convert text to speech (TTS), you can now use the new free Microsoft Speech Platform SDK 11 (supporting 26 languages) in addition to Microsoft SAPI 4 and 5.1 platforms. 2. The new VentaFax virtual printer generates fax messages with a "transparent" text layer. Such a message can be easily...
v 184.108.40.2062 updated on Nov 30, 2014
1. Faxing with industrial Siemens/Cinterion MC 52i-module based GSM modems is now supported. 2. Fixed an Internet-telephony related bug that caused disconnect after multiple switching from voice to fax mode and back while using G.711a codec. ...
v 220.127.116.111 updated on May 10, 2011
1. When new messages arrived, the message counter on the fax display was not refreshed. When the executable module was working as a service, message counters were not refreshed. Fixed. Some minor bugs fixed.
v 18.104.22.1680 updated on Mar 14, 2011
1. The context menu of the Message Manager "tree" now has a "Locate on disk" item that opens an Explorer window with the selected file... And many more...
v 22.214.171.1248 updated on Sep 20, 2010
1. The program now supports text recognition (OCR) in fax messages. The feature requires that Microsoft Office Document Imaging (MODI) application (part of MS Office 2003 and MS Office 2007) be installed on the system. You can now export search results from the Scheduler. And many more...
v 126.96.36.1999 updated on Jul 27, 2010
1. The program now supports text recognition (OCR) in fax messages. The feature requires that Microsoft Office Document Imaging (MODI) application (part of MS Office 2003 and MS Office 2007) be installed on the system. And many more...
v 188.8.131.528 updated on May 04, 2010
Added new file extensions (docx, xlsx, ppt, pptx) to the "Documents" filter in the file selection dialog. If more than 2 file names were specified in the command line, not all the of files were added to the final fax message. The bug has been fixed. And many more...
v 184.108.40.2061 updated on Feb 08, 2010
This version was tested for meeting all of the technical requirements of Windows 7. Based on test results, the program was designated as compatible with Windows 7. Data backup and restore utilities have been added to the program package... ... And many more
v 6.2 updated on Jun 17, 2009
New functions have been added. 1. The program can now automatically check for updates. 2. Notifications in the form of semi-transparent windows have been added. The window appears after a message has been sent or received. 3. And many more...
v 6.1 updated on Nov 11, 2008
New functions have been added. 1. German interface localization files included in the installation archive. 2. Interface improvements in the Message Wizard and the Transmission Window. 3. Added separate numbering of incoming faxes and voice messages. 4. and many more...
v 6.0 updated on Apr 18, 2008
New functions have been added. 1. Windows Vista and Vista x64 are fully supported. 2. The graphical interface of the main VentaFax application has been significantly redesigned. 3. The interface of the Message Wizard has been reworked. 4. and many more...
v 5.8 updated on May 21, 2007
New functions have been added. 1. Windows XP x64 and Server 2003 x64 support added. 2. French interface localization file included in the installation archive. 3. Now you can see the ACT! Contacts list as one of Ventafax phone books. 4. and many more...
v 5.71 updated on Aug 16, 2006
New functions have been added. In all versions: 1. It is now possible to edit not only cover pages but also fax headers. Create your own trademark header, and it will be easy for your recipients to pick out your fax from among a multitude of others. 2. Now the header can also be used for faxes transmitted by e-mail. 3. The ability to automatically or manually sort personal folders has been added to Message Manager. 4. A new "Sender" field (for outgoing faxes) has been added to the Log Book. 5. If you often use a telephone calling card when dialing a number, now you can easily change the card by clicking on the Card image in the main application display. 6. New command line options /cp: and /ntX: have been introduced, enabling you to specify a cover page and accompanying text comments. 7. A command line option /ms[-] has been introduced. Launching the program with this option puts the program into "transmission with manually-established connection" mode. After launching with such an option any printing to the VENTAFAX printer will result in fax transmission, as with fax transmission in manual mode without dialing a number, but without the display of additional dialog windows. 8. A new command line option /pr: has been added which establishes starting priority for tasks entered in the schedule. 9. It is now possible to use not only digits (telephone numbers) but also text when filtering lists. In this case the entered text will be compared against the Caller ID Name of the incoming call. 10. A new "Pages" field has been introduced to the Scheduler, which displays the number of transmitted pages of a fax (disabled by default). In Multi-Line versions: 1. Easy line-selection capability when transmitting in automatic mode has been added to the Message Wizard.
v 5.7 updated on Jan 24, 2006
Added new features: All versions: 1. Sending and receiving color faxes are now supported (in Windows 2000, XP and 2003 Server). 2. A fax sent by email can be automatically converted into PDF format. 3. The "Photographic halftones" mode is now available when generating a black and white fax. 4. A new feature has been added to Message Manager: you can now create and edit color faxes and cover pages. 5. In Message Manager, the list of formats for fax conversion is expanded. Now faxes can be converted into JPEG, GIF and PNG formats. 6. In Log Book, archive names now use the date interval notation based on first and last records entered (previously the archive date notation was used). 7. Now with just one click you can copy the contents of Windows Address Book (WAB) into the VentaFax Phone Book. In business versions: 1. Automatic conversion of incoming faxes into PDF format has been added
v 5.61 updated on Aug 08, 2005
v 5.6 updated on May 26, 2005
v 5.54 (build 23) updated on Jan 06, 2005
v 5.53 (build 22) updated on Nov 16, 2004
Go back to the VentaFax & Voice review