1DMaps - Iterates 1D dynamical systems and creates bifurcation diagrams.
Version: 1.4Explore the dynamics and chaos in one-dimensional dynamical systems. Creates "cobweb", bifurcation, escape time, Lyapunov and density plots. There are 7 different maps available.
Operating System: Mac OS X
1DMaps is very efficient in student labs or demonstrations related to dynamical systems classes.
Here are some key features of "1DMaps":
· "Cobweb" to show the function and iterations using the cobweb diagram. Click in the plot window to change the initial condition. Use the spacebar to interate one step. Set the number of iterates and parameters using the "Set Paramters" menu.
· "Bifurcation" to show the bifurcation diagram (varying one parameter of the system);
· "Invariant Density" to show the average occupation number in a histogram of a particular orbit
· "Lyapunov Exponent" to compute the stability of the given initial condition as a function of parameter
· "Exit Time" to compute the time that initial conditions take to escape to "infinity." (works when the map has orbits that are unbounded.