3D Python OpenGL Chess Game project is a 3D chess game in Python with OpenGL.
Version: 1.03D Python OpenGL Chess Game project is a 3D chess game in Python with OpenGL.
Operating System: Linux
3D Python OpenGL Chess Game is a normal chess game that has no computer player (yet). You can play against a friend on your PC.
· Python 2.2 or higher
· OpenGL GL, GLU and GLUT libraries
Starting the game
Type "python2.2 play.py" in this directory.
How to handle the game
You play with the mouse as follows:
- Use the left mouse button to choose a block on the board.
- Hold the right mouse button down and move the mouse to rotate the board.
- Use the middle mouse button to get a menu.
You can use the keyboard instead of the menu (i.e. if you don't have three mouse buttons) as follows:
- Press 'escape' to quit the game.
- Press 'u' to unto the last move of the game.
- Press 'a' to enable or disable an animation mode.
- Press 's' to enable or disable the shadows of the pieces.