A powerful yet simple to use dual-panel file manager with a built-in file splitter, folder synchronizer, image viewer, full-featured text editor and more. Supports Space Investigator. Evaluation version is fully functional. Free for 30 days.
Version: 7.5.5AB Commander is a powerful yet easy to use tool that lets you manage files and folders using the convenient dual-panel user interface (pioneered in Norton Commander), while maintaining tight integration with the standard Windows shell.
License: Free To Try $29.95
Operating System: Windows
AB Commander has the following features:
- The main window of AB Commander hosts two panels, independently displaying the contents of folders of your computer, just like the built
- in Windows Explorer does. Each panel may be used to browse all folders, both the virtual and real ones, located on local or remote drives.
- Powerful means of navigation between folders: the Favorites lists, the History lists, the Folder bar that lets you browse the whole hierarchy of folders; the drive bar and drive list, etc.
- Commands to directly manipulate files and folders (copy, move, rename, delete, synchronize, split, stamp, etc.).
- in file splitter lets you split large files into smaller segments and then merge them back with ease.
- in image viewer with the slide
- show capabilities.
- featured text editor that you can use as a replacement for Windows Notepad.
- Various ways of customizing the look and feel of the listings shown in the panels according to your preferences: single
- or double
- click activation, full row selection, underlining the hot or cold items, etc.
- Command prompt lets you quickly run programs that accept command
- line arguments.
- Integration with Space Investigator, that lets you quickly locate the files that consume most space of your hard drive.
The evaluation version is fully functional and comes with a free 30-day license for the full use of the program.
Version 7.5.5: Integration with Space Investigator