Addns.pl is a self-contained DynDNS update client for DynDNS.org (and possibly others).
Version: 1.2Addns.pl is a self-contained DynDNS update client for DynDNS.org (and possibly others). It supports a variety of IP detection methods including external webcheck/router pages. file.
Operating System: Linux
Addns.pl has been tested and works on these operating systems:
FreeBSD 3.x, 4.x, 5.x
Mac OS X
Slackware Linux 7.0 (and earlier)
Redhat Linux 6.2-9.0
SuSE 7.0 (and earlier)
Most others (Please e-mail me ones that work successfully)
· Unix/Linux (with compatible ifconfig)
· Perl 5.0 or later
· A Dyndns.org account
· A few other Dynamic DNS services (Please e-mail me about this)
Here are some key features of "Addnspl":
· Multiple configurations and hosts in a single setup
· Automatic IP detection using UNIX network interfaces
· Web IP detection & configurable router IP detection
· Optional persistant automatic updating mode (ie. in place of cron)
· Abuse prevention (via log)
What's New in This Release:
· Version 1.2 fixes problems with multiple hosts in the same config section, cleans up the help output and the documentation, allows for specification of alternate config file, and of log and database files within the config file.