This is the first software of its kind which includes both local and network virtual COM port functions. It can share your real COM ports or create virtual COM ports and connect them with a virtual null-modem cable locally or through the network.
Version: 3.2Advanced Virtual COM Port is the first software of its kind which includes both local and network virtual COM port functions.
License: Free To Try $79.99
Operating System: Windows
It can share your real COM ports or it can create virtual COM ports and connect them with a virtual null-modem cable locally or through a TCP / IP network or the Internet.
You can connect to a shared port and use it just like it is on your machine. Virtual serial ports created by the program look and work the same way as real ones look and work.
- Virtual COM Ports appear to the system and applications like real ones
- Virtual COM Ports work like real ones64-
- Bit compatible (AMD64)
- Hot Virtual COM Port creation and removal (no need to reboot the computer)
- Once created, Virtual COM Ports persist in the system until you remove them
- No need to have physical serial ports (except for the physical ports sharing function)
- Higher data transfer rate than on hardware serial ports
- Up to 255 Virtual COM Ports can be created
- PnP, WMI support
- Flow control emulation supported
- Easy port state monitoring
- Ability to temporarily remove all ports without losing their configuration
Version 3.2: - Added full support of Windows 10 and Server 2016/2019
Version 3.0: - Added full support of the latest Windows 8/8.1 and Windows Server 2012/2012R2 systems. - Added automatic Windows Firewall rules creation during install. - Fixed connection problems on Windows 2008 R2 and newer systems. - Fixed BSOD when transferring data to or from virtual COM port.
Version 2.4: - Windows Vista compatible - Added support of domain names as a remote address - Performance increased - Minor interface fixes
Version 2.3: - Supports Windows XP 64-bit running on Athlon 64 processor. - Networking performance increased - Decreased network communications latency - Minor interface fixes
Version 2.1.2: - Bug with VMWare Workstation 5 not detecting virtual COM ports has been fixed.
Version 2.1: - Minor bugs fixed - Virtual serial ports performance increased