Aften is a simple, open-source, A/52 (AC-3) audio encoder.
Version: 0.05Aften project is a simple, open-source, A/52 (AC-3) audio encoder.
Operating System: Linux
Here are some key features of "Aften":
· Implemented my own wav reader
· Converted the fixed-point algorithms to floating-point
· Rearranged the methods and structures
· Added stereo rematrixing (mid/side)
· Added short block MDCT and block switching
· Added VBR encoding mode
· Added variable bandwidth
· Added more complete WAV format support
· Added support for using the alternate bit stream syntax
· Created separate library and frontend
· Added input filters
What's New in This Release:
· Bit allocation speedups, a compile-time choice of using floats or doubles internally, an internal restructuring of MDCT functions, and bugfixes. quality=0 is now a valid setting.