Aiee! is a text adventure engine.
Version: 0.3Aiee! project is a text adventure engine.
Operating System: Linux
Aiee! is a simple, easy-to-use text adventure ("interactive fiction" or "Infocom game") engine that uses XML-based adventure files.
Aiee! allows you to design and play text adventures, or "interactive fiction". Aiee! adventures are written in a simple XML-based format, without the need for any programming experience. Aiee! adventures can even include illustrations and sound.
· Java Runtime Environment (JRE), version 1.4 or later
Start the game:
If you want to play in text mode, change the size of the window, or send logging to a file other than default.log, you can call Aiee! from the command line:
java -jar aiee.jar -?
shows the command-line options (java must be in your path)
What's New in This Release:
· Take all! Multiple direct objects are now supported by all commands where they make sense. "take dagger, armor, and torch" works, as does "drop all", and so on.
· Improved text wrapping. You shouldn't have to manually format text anymore. You can still force newlines with n escapes.
· Differentiated between "r" (ready/remove toggle), "ready", and "remove".
· Encumbrance is listed in "inv".
· Container contents don't count against your weight limit, only the container's weight does.
· Fixed the bug where exits declared "visible" weren't being listed.
· Adventure file list is now sorted for your convenience.
· Fixed scoring. $(_scorebase) now contains the permanent score, not counting any items with tags, and $(_score) has the current score.
· Fixed bug that made menus show up in uppercase but not take uppercase options.
· Preparation for the GUI adventure generator; right now, the only visible result is if you use -dump to print out the adventure when it's loaded, it generates a valid XML adventure, identical to the input.