Aldegonde is a simple and efficient media player based on the powerful GStreamer media framework.
Version: 0.0.1Aldegonde is a simple and efficient media player based on the powerful GStreamer media framework.
Operating System: Linux
It supports all file formats supported by GStreamer, including Ogg (Theora, Vorbis, Speex, FLAC), ASF (WMV/WMA, ...), AVI (XviD, MJPEG, DivX ...), Quicktime (MPEG-4, Sorensen, ...), MPEG (1, 2, 4) and so on.
It will also play audio-CDs, video-CDs and DVDs. The primary purpose of Aldegonde is to be a simple example application. It includes a very simple, to-the-point Gtk+ video widget for GStreamer, and it also contains code for automatic disc content detection (VCD, DVD, audio-CD).
The whole of Aldegonde is basically a test bed for features in Totem, which is the official GNOME video/media player.
Here are some key features of "Aldegonde":
· Support for all popular media formats, including Ogg, AVI, ASF, MPEG and Quicktime.
· Automatic disc content detection. Insert an audio-CD, DVD or VCD and Aldegonde will automatically detect disc type and load the appropriate playback backend.
· Automatic size handling
· Metadata loading support
· Full-screen support
· GStreamer 0.8.7 or (preferred) CVS
· GStreamer plugins 0.8.6 or (preferred) CVS
· GStreamer ffmpeg 0.8.2 or (preferred) CVS
· All plugin dependencies for which you want support