amarokNowPlayingImproved generates an image of the currently playing media.
Version: 0.1bamarokNowPlayingImproved is a re-write of amarokNowPlaying by Daniel Dormann. It generates an image of the currently playing media using ImageMagick's convert and then uploads it to a remote host.
Operating System: Linux
The image includes the album cover, artist, album name, and track title. It also shows if the engine is paused, and creates a cusomizable "offline" message when the engine is stopped.
The script uses cURL in order to upload the image to a remote host, and supports both FTP and HTTP POST methods, as well as a local filesystem option.
To those that rate my script, please leave feedback as to why you like/dislike it. That's the only way I can know where to improve!
Here are some key features of "amarokNowPlayingImproved":
· Ability to upload generated image using HTTP POST method, with secure key (see "HTTP Method" below)
· FTP upload of generated image file
· Can copy generated image to a local path (e.g. ~/public_html/now_playing.png)
· Supports playing, paused, and stopped player states
· Ability to add a border around generated images
· Broke options down a bit more for greater customization
What's New in This Release:
· Bugfix: Script no longer makes calls to dcop unless amarok signals a state change.
· This fixes a condition of the script consuming resources.