Anon Proxy Server is a fast http, https, socks caching proxy server.
Version: 0.103Anon Proxy Server is a fast http, https, socks caching proxy server. Easy web based configuration, optional p2p anonymous mode.
License: zlib/libpng License
Operating System: Linux
Here are some key features of "Anon Proxy Server":
· Easy Configuration - Web based, no editing text configuration files.
· Memory - No big databases are kept in memory, no matter how large the cache is, memory usage will only increase when more users access it at the same time.
· Speed - To see how much cpu the proxy uses, run top or task manager. Then open multiple windows and hit reload continously, on my computer I usually run out of bandwidth before it goes near 3-5% cpu usage.
· Shared Cache - Can be used as a general cache for all users of a computer/network instead of one cache per profile.
· Automatic config - Auto generates the .pac file for automatic proxy settings, no more updating in the do not use proxy section of individual users' browsers.
· Anonymous P2P proxy - Joining the anonymous proxy network will allow you to use other people's proxys for browsing and allow them to use yours.
· SOCKS - Supports enough of SOCKS to run ftp, most Instant messengers, irc, limewire, etc.
· User authentication - Supports external user authentication.
What's New in This Release:
· Fix for buffer overflow when user authentication is enabled.