Apache Protect X - GUI interface to password protecting Apache directories
Version: 0.7Apache Protect is a GUI utility that lets you configure and set up the built-in basic authentication capabilites of Apache - the web-server that comes pre-installed with Mac OS X.
Operating System: Mac OS X
With this app you can easily set up userfiles, and protect directories with a username and password.
Doing all of this manually can both be time-consuming and confusing to the regular end user, since it often involves fiddling in the terminal and using "those pesky unix commands".
This tool is just simply meant to make the whole process easier with a sleak aqua interface.
Basically it just edits two files, the password file which contains all the usernames and passwords, and the configuration file which contains data for protection a directory.
What's New in This Release:
· Added a new operation mode: saving into a configuration file
· Added support for group files
· Added support for access control settings (hostname/ip)
· Added options for changing the accessfilename and configuration file path
· Minor bug and memory leak fixes.