APCComm is a program which enables transfering files between an Amiga and a PC running GNU/Linux using a LapLink cable.
Version: 2.2.1APCComm is a program which enables transfering files between an Amiga and a PC running GNU/Linux using a LapLink cable.
Operating System: Linux
It's fast (up to 38 KByte/s), easy to use (no configuration needed) and there is a GUI for the amiga.
APCComm can transfer files and directories so it can be used for easy backup/restoring.
The Amiga GUI was created with GadToolsBox V2 and also uses the reqtools.library (ReqTools is Copyright © Nico François and Magnus Holmgren).
Here are some key features of "APCComm":
· file and directory transmission
· protection bits (file permissions) preservation
· low requirements
· no configuration needed
· easy to use
· Amiga GUI can open its window on any public screen
· version without GUI for AmigaOS 1.0, AmigaOS 2.0 for the GUI version
· For the GUI version only: reqtools.library V38
· Note: no compiler needed
· and of course a LapLink cable a.k.a parallel nullmodem cable (the graphic scheme is from the PC2Am package)
What's New in This Release:
· The parallel port device is opened on the Amiga to prevent access by other programs.
· The parapin library has been updated to the latest version.