Apple Video Player is made to view and control video using your Mac
Version: 1.7.2Apple Video Player allows you to view and control video using your Mac in conjunction with Apple's TV/FM Radio System, Apple Video System, and Apple MPEG Media System.
Operating System: Mac OS X
AVP supports NTSC, PAS, and SECAM video standards and it allows you to assign a description to each channel.
It also supports movie compression, closed captioning, and Teletex reception (Europe only). Version 1.7.2 fixes a frame freeze problem with QuickTime 3.
Here are some key features of "Apple Video Player":
· This document provides important information about the Apple Video Player software. You may want to print this document and keep it with your manuals. Most of this information is not in the documentation. If you have questions that are not answered in this document, refer to the manuals that came with your computer.
· Video viewing and video capture is supported in window sizes of up to 640 x 480 pixels. For the highest-quality video and TV viewing, use the standard video window sizes (Smallest, Normal, or Largest) in Apple Video Player's Windows menu. If you choose to customize the window size (by choosing Other in the Windows menu), the image's resolution may decrease.
· In addition, video resolution is optimized when you view the Apple Video Player video window on the monitor connected to the monitor port on your Macintosh. You can drag the video window to a secondary monitor (connected to an expansion card), but the image resolution will decrease.The Apple Video Player application program allows you to use a keyboard shortcut, called a "hot key," to open and quit the program, and to switch between Apple Video Player and any other open programs. However, due to a minor incompatibility problem with MacroMedia Director, the Apple Video Player hot key doesn't work when MacroMedia Director is open.
· If you are installing Apple Video Player for the first time, no hot key is defined. You can set one using the Hot Key item in the Setup Menu. If you are replacing a previous version of Apple Video Player, the hot key setting is retained in the Apple Video Player Preferences file.f you have a TV tuner card, the Apple Video Player application program can display closed captions for TV channels that provide them. However, in order for closed captions to be visible, the video window size must be set to Normal Size or greater. Also, for best results, networking or printing should not be active when close captioning is selected.Likewise, for best results, networking or printing should not be active when you are recording video from either television or an alternate video source. Virtual memory should also be turned off when capturing video for best results.
· Movies are captured at the current volume setting. Set the volume to the desired level before recording a movie. Movies recorded when the sound is muted will not have any sound.
· North American English versions of the following: QuickTime(TM) 2.0 or greater, System Software 7.x or greater.