apt-got is a customizable Debian local mirror engine.
Version: 0.8apt-got is a customizable Debian local mirror engine. It works like a highly specialized proxy.
Operating System: Linux
It employs several pluggable modules that are customized for specific jobs.
The first available module builds and supervises a partial (or full) Debian mirror which is populated on-the-fly by apt-get requests.
There is also a simple mirror module that can be used to mirror source directories or even (static) Web pages.
To save bandwidth our program will function like a drop-in, stand-alone proxy for the internal network.
But in addition it will store already requested packages locally.
Packages that are not yet stored locally are fetched upon client-request from the parent server transparently.
Here are some key features of "apt got":
· Reduce bandwidth usage
· Reduce download time
· Handle client request
· Respond to request from client
· Request files from remote server
· Handle server responses (e.g. file not found404, etc.)
· Cache files locally
· If multiple clients request a specific file simultaneously, download only once from remote server
· Handle disk usage (purge old files)
What's New in This Release:
· SimpleMirrorFile gets cached until the next Purger run. Removed bug that prevented the server from sending a 404 instead it sended a 0 length file.
· Fixed bug with MirrorFileState in DebianMirrorFile.
· Cleaned up logger infrastructure.