ArchAssistant is a software that lets you have quick access to various administration aspects of the Arch Linux distro.
Version: 0.4ArchAssistant is a software that lets you have quick access to various administration aspects of the Arch Linux distro. The main feature is a GUI for the Arch's network profiles system (using the netcfg command line), which is very useful for laptop users.
Operating System: Linux
Here are some key features of "ArchAssistant":
· quick access to the main system files (ie rc.conf, profile, pacman.conf, xorg.conf ...) via a built-in simple text editor.
· netcfg2 front-end : quite complete GUI for the Arch's network profile system. You can connect to, create and edit network profiles in a few clicks. ArchAssistant has an autostart functionality that lets the app connect to the first wifi network discovered upon start.
· the pacman part has been mostly disabled (didn't work as expected).
· collection of the most useful command lines to check system informations.
· custom app launcher from menu
· English, French and German translations
· Qt 4.x
· Arch Linux
· make install
· type 'archassistant' from the command line or click 'ArchAssistant' from the 'System' menu
· qmake archassitant.pro
· the executable file is created in the subdir /bin
· make uninstall
What's New in This Release:
· fixed : some bugs affecting systray icon update
· added : a tooltip shows device manufacturer (vendor name) in Profile Editor
· added systray menu action : download clipboard's url with your favorite download manager
· added systray menu action : load/eject CD-ROM tray
· added systray menu action : instant connection wizard
· modified README : build instructions, non-root users instructions