Arena Crystalis - Experimental freeware game for the Macintosh
Version: 1.0Arena Crystalis is a purely experimental freeware game for the Macintosh.
Operating System: Mac OS X
It's a very simple game where you control a crystalline ship and fight for survival against other ones in a square arena, depending on the game rules set.
You can set your own challenge, choosing how long and challenging the battle will be against the computers, and you can challenge a friend or even team up with one against them.
There are up to 8 players, each of which controls a crystalline ship that can turn, jet forward or fire lasers. Each crystal has infinite fuel and infinite laser charges, and a life meter (which has a customizable initial level) that decreases when the crystal is hit by the white-hot tip of another crystal's laser. There are also powerups that occasionally appear in the form of coins to help whoever can get to them first.
The goal of a game depends on the game mode and the many preferences set. There are tournament modes, deathmatch modes, and timed-tag modes, and you can play every-man-for-himself or make custom teams of human or computer players.
Here are some key features of "Arena Crystalis":
· Customize up to eight players.
· Set the intelligence level of computer-controlled crystals, from "stupid" to "vicious," or customize the control keys.
· Make custom teams of crystal players vs. other crystal players,
· Many different play modes: Tournament, where you must win a certain number of rounds; Deathmatch, where you must make a certain number of kills; or Timed-tag, where you must aggressively become "it" and stay "it" for a certain length of time.
· Set the size of the playing field, and choose if/how it wraps around.
· Set the size of the screen display, set whether polygonal objects are drawn in wireframe or polygon-fill.
· Mono or Stereo sound effects, and choose from three included background music tracks.