Asterisk::LDAP is a perl module for generating Asterisk 1.0 compatible configuration files from an LDAP directory tree.
Version: 0.6.0Asterisk::LDAP is a perl module for generating Asterisk 1.0 compatible configuration files from an LDAP directory tree.
Operating System: Linux
The package includes everything you need to get started, including the module itself, schema files, and example code.
Functionality is provided to see if a reload is necessary and optionally send asterisk a 'reload' command when updates are made. Included is a script that can be called from voicemail.conf's externpass option to update a user's voice mailbox PIN number in LDAP.
Asterisk::LDAP is currently capable of generating extensions.conf, voicemail.conf, and musiconhold.conf. Support is planned for sip.conf, iax.conf, and meetme.conf.
What's New in This Release:
· Contexts are now written with a serial number and are not updated unless the serial number is incremented.
· This allows for granular and guaranteed consistent updates.
· The API has been dramatically cleaned up.
· Where before a number of calls were required to set up before getting any useful data out, only one call is required and three more optional calls can help automate most of the configuration.
· The developer may now choose to read the information from LDAP or write the contents to a set of files or to access the internal data structures directly for manual formatting.