The Atom Imp Text Editor / Encoding Converter is a straightforward text editor / encoding converter that keeps things simple yet offers a number of additional features useful on a daily editing basis.
Version: 1.01The Atom Imp Text Editor / Encoding Converter is a straightforward text editor / encoding converter that keeps things simple yet offers a number of features useful on a daily basis.
Operating System: Windows
From the ubiquitous Notepad and its many enhancements to some highly specialized (and complicated) text editors there is a legion of both free and expensive text editors available.
Unfortunately none of them meet my needs so I wrote my own and am making it available for free.
While all of the features I needed are available if I installed a collection of text editors and text encoding converters that results in an overly complicated program environment which requires constant switching between programs and which is very error prone and time consuming. What I needed was a relatively simple (hence less error prone) program which combined the features of both a straightforward text editor and a text encoding converter.
In addition to the usual editor features the Atom Imp Text Editor/Encoding Converter includes the following useful features:
- Create and edit Unicode text.
- Display and print line numbers.
- Print aligned headers and footers with page numbers, dates, time, and custom text.
- Read and write Unicode characters.
- Convert text file encoding (very useful with UTF-8 becoming the de facto Internet standard).
- Spell checking with the ability to add your own dictionaries.
- Highlight words and phrases.
- Easily convert between upper and lower case.
- A comprehensive help system is included.
Version 1.01: The Atom Imp Text Editor/Encoding Converter is a straightforward text editor/encoding converter that keeps things simple yet offers a number of additional features useful on a daily editing basis including the ability to handle Unicode, add headers and footers to printouts, spell checking, and more.