AVIRA for Unix Server is a versatile antivirus solution.
Version: 1.1.4AVIRA for Unix Server is a versatile antivirus solution, thoroughly designed to ensure flawless protection against viruses and unwanted programs in any-size corporate networks.
License: Free To Try $99.00
Operating System: Linux
AVIRA for Unix Server highlights a real-time scanner and multifunctional performance features, reducing the potential danger of virus infections that could lead to critical data loss and business high-risk exposure.
· Solid antivirus technologies: multi-platform, VB100% certified scan engine, proving its reliability with the 100% detection rate;
· Enhanced antivirus protection: the product offers permanent protection against complex threats, ensuring an immediate outbreak response when new viruses emerge;
· Extensive Malware Recognition: aside from viruses, Trojans, backdoor programs, worms, etc., AVIRA detects Adware & Spyware, double extension files and unusual runtime compression tools;
· Low usage of computer resources: high scanning speed, without interfering with currently running tasks;
· Graphical administration tool: AVIRA Webmin Remote Panel helps managing configuration files and eases the maintenance process of the installed AVIRA solutions;
· Professional services: the AVIRA license entitles you to an entire year of free virus definitions updates and product upgrades, access to documentation, as well as standard technical support, offered by a team of skilled professionals.
Here are some key features of "AVIRA for Unix Server":
On access permanent protection
· A resident virus guard module runs silently in the background, monitoring all file operations performed by the user, thus ensuring constant protection.
File caching system
· This innovatory system prevents scanning redundancy by keeping track of already checked files, thus saving time and valuable resources. A new scan only occurs if there has been an alteration during the process of accessing and modifying the file. Unaffected files are skipped, maintaining the computer’s high performances.
Recursive scanning inside archives
· In order to check files that are stored in archives, AVIRA makes a real in-depth examination: the nested archives are also unpacked and scanned, level by level. The possibility to freely select the recursion level is also available, optimizing the process speed.
Automatic Internet Updates
· The Automatic Internet Updater runs as a daemon, making sure that your AVIRA solution is permanently up-to-date. It can be configured to check for updates at specific times or intervals; for increased flexibility, this kind of tasks can also be performed through the Cron daemon. If product upgrades are available, this function can also update the entire software.
Command line scanner (on-demand)
· Configurable scanning for all known Malware types (viruses, trojans, backdoors, worms etc.).
Heuristic detection for both macro and Win32 viruses
· You can stay protected even against undiscovered threats, due to the advanced behavior analysis technology, which helps identifying and blocking suspicious programs according to code patterns inspection.
On-demand extended protection
· The Scheduler module helps you set up regular updates. However, you can use the Cron daemon for certain automatic tasks, such as programming regular updates or scanning tasks for defined programs, directories and files at specified times or intervals.
Remote Configuration Tool (free)
· Via a straightforward graphical interface, AVIRA Webmin Remote Panel provides access to configuration files and eases the maintenance process of the installed AVIRA solutions.It addresses mainly the users of the AVIRA products for Unix and especially the system administrators who must keep track of various services on the production servers.
· Using AVIRA Webmin Remote Panel, developed as a Webmin module, you can configure and maintain all AVIRA for Unix installed solutions.
· By using the intuitive configuration script “configavira”, you can easily set the scanning daemon options.
Self Integrity Program Check
· The antivirus scanner should always perform a self-check when it starts. Viruses frequently corrupt antivirus installations, which is why a self-check ensures the antivirus system is operating correctly at all times.