Bandwidth Management Tools is a total bandwidth management solution for Linux.
Version: 0.3.0Bandwidth Management Tools is a total bandwidth management solution for Linux and can be used for firewalling, traffic graphing, and shaping.
Operating System: Linux
Bandwidth Management Tools is not based on any currently-available bandwidth management software and supports packet queues, bursting, complex traffic flow hierarchies, flow groups, traffic logging, and a simple real-time monitoring front-end.
Here are some key features of "Bandwidth Management Tools":
· XML configuration file format:
- Class based traffic categorization
- POWERFULL for advanced users!!
- Support for all Netfilter features on host operating system
- Shaping of blocks or single ip addresses
- Support for bursting based on user definable average period
- Multi-level shaping, you can define parents & grand parents
- Logging of byte, packet, burst & drop counters
- Traffic flow grouping
- Atomic loading of firewall tables into kernel
- Supports more than 1 CPU
What's New in This Release:
· More sane error handling in ipq.c.
· The buffer size has been fixed to handle larger MTUs.
· The ipq interface has been updated.
· There are various code cleanups.
· This release adds parameters, report-format, report-filename, and flow-mode.
· It installs RRD Tool when installing BWM Tools.
· It fixes the log directory.
· It has better error handling while generating graphs and RRD data.
· It fixes a bug preventing graphing from working.