Battlefield 2 is an online FPS game that features immense, richly detailed, destructible environments.
Version: 1.1.2878-710The award-winning Battlefield franchise invades the high tech frontlines of modern warfare in the new sequel, Battlefield 2. The game brings the intensity and excitement of Battlefield 1942 into the modern era with enhanced team play and the latest, most technologically advanced vehicles and weapons systems available to man.
Operating System: Linux
In Battlefield 2, players will choose to fight for one of three military superpowers: the United States, the Chinese, or the newly formed Middle East Coalition. Armed with the latest modern weaponry, players can take control of any of the game’s 30+ vehicles to engage in major conflicts with over 64 players in some of the largest online battles on the PC. Additionally, persistent character growth allows players to rise through the ranks and attain the ultimate rank of General.
An all-new game engine and physics system brings the modern battlefield to life like never before. The new material penetration feature measures weapons’ ability to fire through barriers based on their composition and players will need to know the difference between concealment and cover in order to survive.
Battlefield 2 is an online FPS game that features immense, richly detailed, destructible environments. Each map in Battlefield 2 adjusts in scale to support the number of players in the world, providing the ideal vehicle- to-player ratio and an optimized gameplay experience.
Enhanced team play features allow players to enter the action on the front lines as part of a formal squad, or work behind the scenes in Commander Mode to direct the strategic assaults of their teammates.
Soldier kits now affect vehicles that players utilize on the battlefield. For instance, the medic kit can transform a vehicle into a mobile aid station and the support kit can make helicopters into flying ammo dumps.
Here are some key features of "Battlefield 2 Dedicated Server":
· Online multiplayer action with up to 64 players on the PC.
· All-new gameplay engine brings the immense locations to life complete with realistic physics and dynamic lighting.
· Maps scale to the number of players engaging in battle for a unique and intense experience every time.
· Take control of over 30 land, sea, and air vehicles, including tanks, helicopters, hovercraft, fast attack vehicles, and fighter jets.
· Choose to battle as U.S., Chinese, or Middle East Coalition troops, each with their own unique arsenals.
· A variety of soldier classes including Assault, Sniper, Special Ops, Combat Engineer, Medic, Heavy Weapons, and Anti-Tank units.
· New state-of-the-art weapon systems, including wire-guided missiles and laser designated bombs.
· Material penetration feature makes sure players know the difference between cover and concealment.
· Character Persistence and Growth. With in-game success, players increase their rank from recruit all the way to General and unlock new weapons, medals, and more.
· Join a squad or select the new Commander Mode to assume the strategic role of a battlefield commander directing his forces.
· Voice over IP supported with headset.
What's New in This Release:
· The BF2 Linux server will read lower-case filenames ONLY. All file names encountered at runtime are lower-cased before a filesystem access is attempted. The only exception is Python-scripts. You should therefore make sure all files are lower-case when installing third-party modifications and maps.
· To aid you with this there is an included python script called lowercaseDir.py which recursively changes the case of files and directories from the directory where it's run.
lowercaseDir.py [--pretend] [--verbose]
You can simulate the actions of the script with these options:
$ ./lowercaseDir.py mods/yourMod --pretend
When you're certain it looks good run the conversion:
$ ./lowercaseDir.py mods/yourMod --verbose