Battlegram - Client for Blizzards Entertainment's Battle.net Internet gaming service chat
Version: 1.2Battlegram is a client that connects to the public chat interface ("Chat") of Blizzard Entertainment's Battle.net Internet gaming service. It enables Mac users of Battle.net to communicate with other Battle.net users without having to use one of Blizzard's game clients.
Operating System: Mac OS X
Battlegram only connects to the Chat part of Battle.net and does not even touch the private binary part of Battle.net. It will only connect to a recognized Battle.net realm, of which there are four at the time of this writing (USWest, USEast, Europe, and Asia).
Here are some key features of "Battlegram":
· Connects to the Chat interfaces of the USWest, USEast, Europe, and Asia realms on Battle.net
· Plays a sound effect when a user talks in a group, or whispers you (this can be turned on and off)
· Requests the user's attention if the user receives a private message (a "whisper") while Battlegram is in the background (this can be turned on and off)
· Supports logging and printing conversations, as well as the system cut/copy/paste interface
· Text colors can be customized
· Supports speaking text
· Supports spell checking
· Supports mouse wheels
· Detects the presence of authentic Blizzard representatives in chat rooms
· Works correctly with the Battle.net "/beep" command
· Available in English and French.
What's New in This Release:
· Updated contact information.
· Recompiled with GCC 3.1.
· The preferences file has been changed from "Battlegram.plist" to "com.attbi.home.dreamless.Battlegram.plist".
· Finally fixed the packet fragmentation bug. Previous versions had problems with commands sent out in separate packets.
· Added a shortcut to whisper to someone who is in the same channel.
· Fixed problems with prebinding.
· Minor optimizations here and there...