A very easy to use word processor for OS X that can read various formats.
Version: 2.4.1Bean is a nice, fast, and uncluttered word processor. If you get depressed at the thought of firing up MS Word or OpenOffice, try Bean.
Operating System: Mac OS X
If you use Text Edit but have to jump through hoops just to get a word count or change the margins, try Bean.
Try Bean if you're pining away for Write Now-esque simplicity or just want a low-pressure writing environment.
Bean natively reads and writes these file formats:
· .rtf format (rich text)
· .rtfd format (rich text with graphics)
· .bean format (identical to .rtfd)
· .txt format (Unicode and legacy)
· .html format (as source code)
· .webarchive format (Apple's web archive format)
Bean transparently imports and exports these formats:
· .doc format (MS Word '97, minus images, margins, and page size)
· .xml format (MS Word 2003 XML, minus images)
Bean can export all of the above formats to this format:
· .html (web page format, minus images)