Belch - Gives your Mac a case of indigestion
Version: 1.2BelchX is a port of an old System 7 extension for the Macintosh, called Belch. BelchX is an invisible application that will cause your Macintosh to have a case of indigestion.
Operating System: Mac OS X
it lets out a nasty belch every once in a while.
Put it on your friends' Macintoshes, and they will love you for it.
If you wish to quit BelchX, simply open up a Terminal window and type:
killall QUIT "Belch"
If that doesn't work, simply choose "Log Out" from the Apple menu, then log back in.
What's New in This Release:
· The time period between belches and the chance of hearing a belch can now be set via the command line. To set the time period between belches (default is 10 seconds), open up Terminal on the Mac that BelchX is installed on and type in:
· defaults write com.stimpsoft.belchx belchwait -float ;
· Where it says , replace with the time between belches in seconds. Remember to use a decimal number.
· Example: defaults write com.stimpsoft.belchx belchwait -float 5.0; sets the default time between belches to 5 seconds.
· To set the chance for a belch to occur (default is 35%), open up Terminal on the Mac that BelchX is installed on and type in:
· defaults write com.stimpsoft.belchx belchchance -integer ;
· Where it says , replace with the percent of which a belch can occur.
· Example: defaults write com.stimpsoft.belchx belchchance -integer 75; sets the chance for a belch to 75%.
· Changes to these values don't occur until BelchX is relaunched.