beyond is a driver for the multimedia installation for Prof. Jill Scott's "Beyond Hierarchy" (Dortmund, Zeche Zollern).
Version: 1.3beyond is a driver for the multimedia installation for Prof. Jill Scott's "Beyond Hierarchy" (Dortmund, Zeche Zollern, Summer 2000).
Operating System: Linux
· Cyclades 16Ye-PCI/DB25 multiport serial cards
· Happ Control I/O Card with custom touch-interface hardware
· 2x Bockstaller Electronics 8port ADIO serial A/D converter
· Conrad Electronics 8port serial relais board
· Happ Control 5KOhm Joysticks with custom interface circuit
Compilation and Installation:
- Edit beyond.c to toggle the right ports for the devices. These variables have to be changed:
static char *adcdevice[NUMADC]
static char *dvddevice[NUMDVD]
static char touchdevice
static char lightdevice
The device definitions can be found in the .h files.
- Type "make clean; make" to remake complete binary.
- Start "beyond" while running Xwindows.
- If the program gets started from KDE, use (and modify) start.sh script to reflect the proper path.