BigBlueLounge - Offers five different music tools
Version: 1.0Has been developed out of pure necessity, mainly from the need for the tools during sessions over the past two years at my work in the Sydney Opera House. I have also been collaborating with some of the members here getting feedback on the widget and incorporating their ideas.
Operating System: Mac OS X
The Widget offers five different tools. Each accessible by clicking on the tab name.
Here are some key features of "BigBlueLounge":
· Keyboard: A tiny four octave keyboard is available to be played - you actually get to hear the note via the in-built Core Audio GM Synthesiser. You can select between different sounds, Piano, Guitar, Sine Wave and a Click. When you play a note, that notes frequency, MIDI note number and note name are displayed.
· TapTempo: A simple tool that is probably used at least once per session. Simply click the Lounge or tap your space bar to work out a tempo. You can also see the classic tempo marking for that tempo. A pull down menu offers the choice of a note value to also show the delay in milliseconds for that value at that tempo.
· MediaCalc: This tool is what started me building a widget. You are able to quickly ascertain how much disk space a session will use ahead of time. You can enter in the number of tracks, the duration, the sample rate and bit depth. You can also see what media the resulting file size will be required.
· DigiTool: Calculates the numbers of samples for a given time period and sample rate in milliseconds. Good if you need to enter a delay in samples and you only know the time in milliseconds.
· SonicSpeed: Work out the speed of sound for the given temperature, allowing for conversion between metric and imperial scale, offering a propagation time in milliseconds.
· No matter what tool you are using, the widget offers a live stream of the latest posts from the BigBlueLounge Forums.