Bioknoppix is a customized distribution of Knoppix Linux Live CD.
Version: 0.2.1Bioknoppix is a customized distribution of Knoppix Linux Live CD. With this distrubution you just boot from the CD and you have a fully functional Linux OS distribution with open source applications targeted for the molecular biologist. Beside using some RAM, Bioknoppix doesn't touch the host computer, being ideal for demonstrations, molecular biology students, workshops, etc.
Operating System: Linux
· Intel-compatible CPU (i486 or later),
· 20 MB of RAM for text mode, at least 96 MB for graphics mode with KDE (at least 128 MB of RAM is recommended to use the various office products),
· bootable CD-ROM drive, or a boot floppy and standard CD-ROM (IDE/ATAPI or SCSI),
· standard SVGA-compatible graphics card,
· serial or PS/2 standard mouse or IMPS/2-compatible USB-mouse.
The Bioknoppix effort is being supported by the High Performance Computing facility HPCf and the Puerto Rico Biomedical Research Infrastructure Network BRIN-PR.