Bits on Wheels is a BitTorrent client
Version: 1.0.6Bits on Wheels is the first bittorrent client 100% written for the Mac. It is also the first client to show a realtime 3D view of your downloads.
Operating System: Mac OS X
Don't forget to setup/check your Preferences when using version 1.0.x for the first time.
Please visit the Bits on Wheels' page for all your technical questions, suggestions, bug reports...
You will also find screenshots, news, etc.
And don't forget to check the often-updated 'News' page too !
What's New in This Release:
· You can now click and rotate/move/zoom the 3D Swarm view ! Use the command/option/control keys while dragging to move/zoom/rotate the view.
· new 3D Swarm representation : Vertical Race ! Peers start at the bottom and raise up as they complete a torrent.
· new 3D tools palette lets you rotate and zoom the 3D view. 3D Options have been moved there.
· IP addresses can now be selected and copied to the clipboard, inside the Peers view.
· endgame was so-so in 105 and seems to be real nice now.
· when rechecking hash, the available pieces weren't re-sorted resulting in 0 piece being downloaded.
· crash when updating the validated graph.
· removed a couple deadlocks.
· crash in race condition.
· visual artefacts while checking hash in 3D swarm view.
· tidying up multi-threading.
· Memory leak when stopping torrents. Another leak with outgoing connexions.
· Better Peer handshaking when peer has 0 piece available.
· Most Panther crashes.
· Many fixes here and there.
· modified the pieces ring in the 3d view to be more accurate.
· changed the amount of requested pieces to avoid stalling.
Known Problems :
· Panther only : BoW seems to be incompatible with some APE modules.