Blackbox is that fast, light window manager you have been looking for without all those annoying library dependancies.
Version: 0.70.1Blackbox is that fast, light window manager you have been looking for without all those annoying library dependancies.
Operating System: Linux
If you have a C++ compiler and the X Window System you can compile and use it.
What's New in This Release:
· fix compilation on OpenBSD and Mac OS X
· documentation updates to data/README.menu
· fix bt::Timer to make sure it still works after daylight-savings changes
· fix horizontal text alignment by adding a small indent to all text
· fix sunken gradient rendering: the colors are no longer inverted, and the correct bevel is drawn
· add bt::XDG::BaseDir, which is an implementation of the freedesktop.org basedir-spec version 0.6
· make bt::Pen able to recover from cache faults
· silence messages from bt::PixmapCache about the cache maximum being exceeded
· add bt::Rect::inside(), which ensures that one rectangle is inside the other
· fix bt::Resource to do nothing if filename arguments are empty
· fix bt::Resource::merge() to stop overriding existing entries (it should only add new ones)
· add bt::Texture::textureResource() overload that returns a default texture if the resource cannot be found
· add bt::dirname(), which returns the directory part of a file path
· add bt::mkdirhier(), which is equivalent to 'mkdir -m mode -p path'
· add bt::tolower(), which returns a string with all characters lowercase
· add the "Center Placement" window placement policy, which places all new windows in the center of the screen
· add "Shade Window with Mouse Wheel" and "Toolbar Actions with Mouse Wheel" configuration options
· add window-to-window snapping support. This feature is off by default, you need to set session.windowSnapThreshold to a positive number in your ~/.blackboxrc.
· add support for piped menus. The output of a command can be used to create the blackbox menu. This is done by prepending the pipe character, |, to session.menuFile in ~/.blackboxrc or to [include] filenames.
· [nop] menu entries are now drawn disabled
· fix "Focus Last Window on Workspace" behavior to stop preferring windows that occupy all workspaces
· window placement takes windows with Desktop and Dialog types into consideration and does the appropriate thing (instead of placing them normally)
· remove 1 pixel gaps between windows when doing smart placement
· allow users to override the style's rootCommand in their ~/.blackboxrc
· fix default colors used by blackbox when no style is found
· allow the Toolbar to be raised and lowered with Alt+LeftMouseButton and Alt+MiddleMouseButton, respectively
· fix maximized+shaded windows from disappearing when restarting blackbox
· each window's windowmenu can be accessed now with Mod4+RightMouseButton
· fix fullscreen support to ignore aspect ratios set by applications (specifically, this should fix movie players that are currently displaying 16:9 video on a 4:3 screen)
· fix support for _NET_MOVERESIZE_WINDOW, normally sent from pagers
· fix focus problems caused by applications that try to fake fullscreen by setting focus to an override-redirect window (e.g. rdekstop)