BlackNova Traders is a PHP/MySQL Web-based multi-player strategy game.
Version: 0.55BlackNova Traders project is a PHP/MySQL Web-based multi-player strategy game.
Operating System: Linux
BlackNova Traders is a strategy game, loosely based on the old BBS games of Tradewars, Galactic Warzone, and Ultimate Universe, but multiplayer and Web-based. It involves space trading, conflict, and diplomacy.
Two things happend as the game grew in popularity:
- Ron was kindly asked by said hosting service to find other hosting. (at the time the game was serving over 4 million pages a month)
- The fans of the game were begging Ron to release the game as an open source project. (as feature requests and bug fixes were very slow in coming with only Ron working on the code)
So new hosting was found and the game was released as an open source project (originally under the artistic license and later under the GPL).
What's New in This Release:
· Patched function connectdb() so that it doesn't blank screen on Setup Info :)
· Usage connectdb(false) if error connecting display nothing.
· Usage connectdb() if error connecting display "Unable to connect to the database".
· fixed bug in traderoutes where players enter number of times to repeat in text box, and got "non existent traderoute" error-
· had to make $engage global in the function.