BlazeFS - High-speed file sharing for OS X server/client environments
Version: 1.0BlazeFS is a remote filesystem much like Apple's AFP, NFS or Samba that allows Macs to share files at very high speed over Gigabit and 10Gb Ethernet links. BlazeFS was written natively for Macs.
License: Free To Try $199.00
Operating System: Mac OS X
BlazeFS™ is a very efficient, high-speed file sharing mechanism for your Mac. It allows you to "mount" volumes between Mac systems much like you do with the Finder, except it operates with much lower overhead, allowing you to achieve the maximum bandwidth available on your network. Small Tree Communications developed BlazeFS™ specifically to achieve local disk bandwidth for applications (e.g. Final Cut Pro) that transfer large files between systems connected with our high performance multi-port gigabit, Infiniband and 10Gb Ethernet products.
BlazeFS is compatible with AFP so you can share your BlazeFS mounts while you have the same shares mounted with AFP via the normal "Connect to Server" mechanism.
Here are some key features of "BlazeFS":
· Intuitive Graphical Interface
· Sessions re-establish after server shutdown/restart
· DEMO mode added to allow try and buy
· Real time features added to improve streaming performance
· Supports exports over multiple interfaces
· Supports browsing from client over multiple interfaces.
· PowerMac (G5), Xserve (G4 or G5), PowerPC iMac, or PowerBook laptop
· Mac OS X 10.4 or higher
· At least one High Speed Network port per system (Gigabit or better)
· A High Speed Disk Subsystem (Capable of keeping pace with the High Speed Network)
· A Server license to enable the software.