Bob the Butcher project is a distributed password cracker package.
Version: 0.7.1Bob the Butcher project is a distributed password cracker package.
Operating System: Linux
This is ALPHA software, full of bugs, some of them being likely to be security holes. Besides, there is no client authentification, so anybody could impersonate a client and alter your search results.
Only use it on a trusted network!
Here are some key features of "Bob the Butcher":
· Cipher's near source compatibility with John the Ripper. Bob the Butcher benefits from the fast algorithms that have been develloped for John:
Traditionnal DES Solar Designer
BSDI DES [BROKEN] Solar Designer
FreeBSD MD5 [BROKEN] Solar Designer
Windows NTLM (MD4)
Windows Cache (mscash) bartavelle
Raw MD5 (hex-encoded) bartavelle
Raw SHA1 (hex-encoded) bartavelle
MySQL passwords Noah Williamsson
Netscape LDAP SHA Sun-Zero
Netscape LDAP SHA
Lotus Domino Jeff Fay
Oracle Passwords Bartavelle
· Password cracking speed scales linearly with the number of cracking clients.
· Central server that can handles several jobs, supporting different priorities (in the future.
· Smart keyspace distribution when several jobs are using the same algorithm (not for now).
Only works on pentium or later!
If it segfaults, try again with:
./configure --enable-debug --disable-sse2
Just run ./bob_server -k SECRET_KEY
Use it to add jobs and check status. For now only he following commands work:
newjob : add a new job
status : gives general status
jobinf : give detailled status
Don't forget to use the -k switch for PSK.
bob_client Put this one on as many computers as possible, and just run:
./bob_client -d -k SECRET_KEY server_host_name
What's New in This Release:
· Bugfixes in cyphers, support for Solaris, and a prototype Python server.