BW whois is a modern whois client that works as a full-featured Web application or as a commandline tool.
Version: 5.0BW whois is a modern whois client that works as a full-featured Web application or as a commandline tool. BW whois is flexible and configurable with self-detecting CGI support, multiple security options in the CGI mode, a mature TLD table, database caching (using MySQL or PostgreSQL), and many more options and features
License: Artistic License
Operating System: Linux
Here are some key features of "BW whois":
· Self-detecting CGI support
· Simple command-line use
· Prevents data harvesting with multiple security features for web use
· Optional result caching with an SQL database
· Database features work with either MySQL or PostgreSQL
· Support for multiple outgoing IP addresses
· Support for available/not available results
· Fully customizable HTML output
· Support for Apache-style SSI (server-side includes)
· External TLD table for support of ALL top-level domains
· Fully configurable disclaimer stripping
· Automatic support for netblocks
· Unpacks packed (single-integer) IP addresses
What's New in This Release:
· Multiple outgoing IP addresses are supported to help with whois servers that block based on queries per IP address.
· Support was added for PostgreSQL in addition to MySQL for database features.
· Support for mod_perl was improved, and support for non-standard whois servers (like whois.denic.de) was improved.