Cacophony - Audio Editing for the rest of us!
Version: 1.3.1Cacophony is a powerful yet easy-to-use audio editing application available exclusively for the Mac OS X platform. It was originally designed as a university project in 2002, and since then has been developed into one of the leading programs of its type.
License: Free To Try $25.00
Operating System: Mac OS X
Here are some key features of "Cacophony":
· Support for more than twenty different file formats, including the full range of formats from SoX as well as read support for everything supported by QuickTime.
· Multi-track editing, with up to sixteen separate tracks at any given time.
· Special version available for Academic Deployment, in use at several institutions, including Kendall College of Art and Design at Ferris State University, University of Nevada, Reno, Bradley University, and Western Michigan University.
· Macromedia-compatible cue point support.
· You may evaluate Cacophony for as long as you like. The only restriction is a
· message, which appears every time the program is launched, and every time you save a file. This message can be removed permanently by registering.
What's New in This Release:
· Double clicking on a cue point (in the cue points window) now starts playback
· at that point.
· Added support for window proxy icons and window path popup menus.
· Fixed an erroneous error message about cue points when saving files to
· formats other than AIFF.
· Updated eSellerate engine to v3.5.
· Added "Paste at Start" and "Paste at End" commands (thanks to Chris
· Christner for the suggestion).
· Added percentage to Normalise effect (thanks to Tom Browne for the
· Added shortcut key for Select None (thanks to Tom Browne for the
· Addressed an issue with opening AIFF files with more than 8 cue points.