CadFaster|QuickStep is a free 3D STEP viewer with professional-class features. Supports standard file formats such as STEP, IGES, DWG. Users may choose between OpenGL and DirectX drivers. CadFaster|QuickStep is optimized for easy 3D model navigation.
Version: R4CadFaster|QuickStep is a free 3D STEP viewer with professional-class features. Supports standard file formats such as STEP and HSF. Users may choose between OpenGL and DirectX drivers.
Operating System: Windows
CadFaster|QuickStep rendering is highly optimized and user interface is perfect for interactive 3D model navigation. Innovative out-of-core rendering solution ensures that even the largest 3D files can be opened and viewed interactively.
CadFaster|QuickStep is an ideal tool for design review, collaboration and communication in CAD, CAE and PCB companies.
CadFaster|QuickStep supports hardware vertex / pixel shaders to achieve photo-realistic real-time rendering quality.
This includes glossy and reflective materials, mirror surfaces, bump mapped objects etc.
To maintain best possible user experience, sophisticated rendering algorithms are used.
Technologies such as occlusion culling and dynamic level of detail ensure the ultimate rendering performance even with most complex 3D models.
CadFaster|QuickStep includes following features:
- Shaded display mode with optional silhouette/feature edge lines
- Perspective and orhogonal projections
- Innovative Rotate, pan and zoom tools with single mouse click
- Standard STEP, DWG, DXF, IGES and HSF (Hoops Stream File) file formats supported
- Dynamic edge highlighting
- Supports displaying textures and advanced graphical effects via Shaders
- Exact tape measure tool (in professional version)
- Portable EXE export (in professional version)
- Advanced section view functionality (in professional version)
- Support for 3DConnextion 3D mouses (in professional version
Speeding up the design workflow is easy with CadFaster|QuickStep. It helps in sharing large and complex CAD models between designers and reviewers.
Version R4: Improved DWG/DXF-file support, improved STEP-file support, dynamic highlight of components, automatic new version notification popup and improved picking performance.
Version R2: Totally renewed user interface, 3D DWG and DXF support, 3D IGES file support. New license policy and options.