Caffeine.NET is a Java .NET interoperability solution.
Version: 0.1.0Caffeine is a free high-performing interoperability solution between the Java platform and the .NET framework.
License: MIT/X Consortium License
Operating System: Linux
Caffeine's key differentiator is that does not replace the Java Virtual Machine. Instead, your JVM of choice is hosted within the .NET runtime, ensuring that vendor-specific VM optimizations are preserved.
The specific objectives of Caffeine are:
· Run on any combination of .NET runtime (1.0+) and Java Virtual Machine (1.2+).
· Allow full reuse of any Java library from a .NET environment, working exclusively at the API level and avoiding bytecode translation of the actual implementation.
· Provide optimal performance, running the JVM and .NET under the same process and avoiding network or IPC costs.
Caffeine is open source, built for and by developers, and licensed under an MIT/X license that allows Caffeine to be used and/or embedded in commercial software.
Here are some key features of "Caffeine NET":
· Bindings of jobject, jarray, jvalue, jclass, jmethoid, jclassid, jfieldid.
· C# wrapper class generator toolchain from Java library.
· Public and protected classes and methods.
· Inner types, within classes and interfaces.
· Abstract classes and interfaces.
· Object casting.
· Constants in interfaces.
· Basic temporary interoperability between System.String and java.lang.String.